The Winners - DVC 18 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > The Archives > The DV Challenge
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

The DV Challenge
An organized theme-based competition where Content is King!

Old June 21st, 2010, 09:28 PM   #1
Wrangler

The Winners - DVC 18

Here it is! The moment you’ve all been waiting for! :)

Gotta say it, we were a little disappointed in the low number of submissions; the Wall of Shame is pretty much full this time around. However, you five guys who submitted deserve a lot of credit, and we consider you all winners. Congratulations to all of you on work very well done!

Unfortunately, only three of you get to take home the prizes—the cool Diva Ring Lights, courtesy of Guy Cochran at DVeStore at DVcreators.net. Many thanks to Guy for putting up these great prizes (I want one!) and for helping with the judging this round.

Much appreciation, as always, to Chris Hurd for giving The DV Challenge a home right here on the fabulous DV Info Net! And always thanks to Dylan Couper, the guy who started the DVC, for creating a great place for us to practice and help each other with our skills.

OK, let’s get on with it. Votes are tallied, the winners are:

Best Script:
Cole Seidl and Benji Robbins for The Unexpected Perils of Everyday Life

Best Production:
Clint Harmon for Hewes Boat Commercial

Best Video:
Dick Mays for Scene 7B

Congratulations, Dick, Clint, Cole and Benji!!! This was a pretty different round that must have scared off a lot of people, but not you! Great work, all of you—way to pay attention to detail in your various ways of interpreting that “theme.”

We’ll send your email addresses to Guy so he can get your prizes to you. Let us know how you like the Diva Ring Lights! :)

All for now. See everyone at the next DVC!!
Old June 21st, 2010, 09:55 PM   #2
Inner Circle

Congratulations to all of you ! Well deserved. All these productions showed a lot of hard work to get to the finished product !
Old June 21st, 2010, 10:18 PM   #3
Regular Crew

Wow!
Congratulations to everyone who submitted. I know first-hand that this was a tough one.

As for the light ring... My newly purchased T2i should compliment this nicely.
Cole Seidl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 21st, 2010, 11:36 PM   #4
Wrangler

Love it, Cole! Got my eye on that camera, so let us know what you think, okay?

Two of our winners live on the East Coast so may have called it a night before this got posted. It'll be a nice little wake-up, I would think. :)

I'm quite certain this is the first time we've had a DVC where none of the submissions came from outside of the US. Even the very first one (also five films) had one from Canada and one--the winner--from Australia. Ah well...enough trivia.

This may have been a small group but the feedback sure was fun. You are a great bunch of guys and every one of you submitted great entries!
Old June 22nd, 2010, 12:28 AM   #5
Major Player

Thanks to Dick, Clint, Cole & Benji, Lorinda, and Chris for the films, and congrats to the winners. See you in the next round.
Bill Thesken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 22nd, 2010, 05:45 AM   #6
Major Player

Nice to wake up as a DV Challenge best video winner. My life is now complete.
Also may have job offer this week as HS Math teacher. When it rains it pours!

Next time I do this it will be with my high school students as actors!
Dick Mays is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 22nd, 2010, 02:50 PM   #7
Regular Crew

It has been a trying time of no sleep and loss of some perspective and I am glad to see my entry won best production. Thanks to everyone who participated and I hope to win again in a larger pool of entries in the next challenge.

I will post my review of the ring light in use.
Clint Harmon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 22nd, 2010, 06:59 PM   #8
Major Player

Wow... a well deserved round of awards if you ask me. While I was a little surprised at the fact that over 20 folks said "count me in" and less than a quarter actually participated, the overall quality in this round was about as high as I have seen it in my short time on here.

Kudos to all who participated, and congrats to the winners. And, in case you forgot, Guy Cochran not only helps sponsor this with prizes, he provides tutorials and even SELLS the tools to make these kinds of videos. Thanks Guy !

Chris Swanberg

ps. Dick Mays, I will NEVER be in one of your films, ever! (ffn, my you know what!)
Chris Swanberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 24th, 2010, 12:31 AM   #9
Wrangler

Good work everyone, and congrats to Dick, Clint, Cole and Benji!
Old June 24th, 2010, 08:16 AM   #10
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Swanberg View Post
ps. Dick Mays, I will NEVER be in one of your films, ever! (ffn, my you know what!)
That's what all my acting students say. No, no, no, but then you tell them you are doing it for the ART, and give them permission to go METHOD, and the clothes come right off.

Mr. Swanberg, never say never....
Dick Mays is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 25th, 2010, 07:47 PM   #11
Major Player

Oh Dick, you silver tongued devil you.

Aww shucks, go ahead and cast me in a nude scene with any of the gorgeous women in your film. I'm already over my shyness.

Maybe Quentin WILL call too.

Chris S.
Chris Swanberg is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > The Archives > The DV Challenge