DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   The DV Challenge (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/dv-challenge/)
-   -   The DV Challenge #19 - Sign Up Now!!! (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/dv-challenge/485236-dv-challenge-19-sign-up-now.html)

Lorinda Norton September 24th, 2010 03:31 PM

The DV Challenge #19 - Sign Up Now!!!

For those who have never competed in the DV Challenge, you'll be given a theme on Thursday, Oct. 14. Get out there and shoot your film, have it uploaded on YouTube or Vimeo and a link sent to thedvchallenge@gmail.com by midnight on Oct. 24. You'll get friendly, valuable feedback from other DV info members and get to vote on the winner. It's that simple. For more details have a look at The DV Challenge: * How It Works

You'll be competing for top prizes from Guy Cochran at DVeStore, plus bragging rights to all your friends. And who knows...this could be your start in something big!

Sign up here, then join us on Facebook and Twitter! For FB search for The DV Challenge; for Twitter give your username here and we'll connect. And then spread the word so others can become members of DV Info and get in on the fun!

Robert Martens September 24th, 2010 03:58 PM

Yeah, why not? I'll try this one.

Incidentally, is this actually number nineteen? In organizing and refreshing my collection of DVC videos, I noticed something odd, and double checking the forum archives showed me it wasn't just my directory structure. As things played out, the order of the last six contests is

DVC 14
DVC/UWOL 1 (labeled DVC 15)
DVC 16
DVC 17
DVC/UWOL 2 (no DVC number)
DVC 18

and now, of course, number 19. Marking the second collaboration as DVC number seventeen and a half solves the problem from my end, but out of curiosity, is there an official word on what to call that particular competition?

Lorinda Norton September 24th, 2010 04:09 PM

Ha ha! Yes, Robert, we kind of messed that up, didn't we. I like what you called the charity challenge so let's go with that (and 17.5). And we'll try to get it right this December. :)

Ben Robbins September 24th, 2010 05:18 PM

I'll see if I can get something together by myself. Hopefully Cole can get in on this challenge while in France.

Craig Yates September 24th, 2010 06:11 PM

Count me in! :)

Chris Barcellos September 24th, 2010 06:28 PM

I will join you..

Mitchell Stookey September 24th, 2010 06:43 PM

I'm in! By the time the DVC's come back I am always CRAVING them so badly!

Andrew Hood September 24th, 2010 10:26 PM

I'm in also - will be busy the first few days with a short film, but shooting for that should wrap about the 19th

Andris Krastins September 24th, 2010 11:23 PM

I'll give it a try, but I've got another film to finish until oct.20 and I'm going abroad on 21st, so I'll see what I can do in the moments between.

Matt Portwood September 25th, 2010 08:26 AM

I will give this a try! I have silently watched these unfold before and wanted to participate only afraid to do so. This time I'm jumpin in!

Lorinda Norton September 25th, 2010 10:04 AM

Good to see all you guys! This is going to be fun. Hope everything works out for those of you with tight schedules.
Quote:

Originally Posted by Mitchell Stookey (Post 1572660)
I'm in! By the time the DVC's come back I am always CRAVING them so badly!

Just what we love to read, Mitchell!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Matt Portwood (Post 1572803)
I will give this a try! I have silently watched these unfold before and wanted to participate only afraid to do so. This time I'm jumpin in!

Way to go, Matt! I was really afraid my first time, but then my friends and I had so much fun we got hooked.

Marc Burleigh September 25th, 2010 10:47 AM

This I'm looking forward to. After two aborted attempts to get on the DVC roster in the past, I reckon this is the one where the stars will align, work assignments will ebb and the Merlot will flow in sufficient abundance to allow me to meet the (DV) challenge. A 10-day project in October? Perfect!

Count me in.

Royston Coppenger September 25th, 2010 11:02 AM

Sign me up!

Kevin Railsback September 25th, 2010 12:04 PM

Okey dokes, I'll probably end up in the shark tank/wall of shame but I'll throw my hat in the ring and give it a go.

Aaron Fay September 25th, 2010 11:46 PM

Awesome...

Trying to line up a crew...stoked!