DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   The DV Challenge (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/dv-challenge/)
-   -   DVC 19 Theme - Go, Go, GO!!! (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/dv-challenge/486128-dvc-19-theme-go-go-go.html)

Lorinda Norton October 14th, 2010 10:18 AM

DVC 19 Theme - Go, Go, GO!!!

Here we go with DVC 19! If you haven't read the rules yet, or lately, be sure and do that. The DV Challenge: * Official Rules If you have questions, be sure and ask!

Guy Cochran of www.dvestore always comes up with the coolest prizes. This time he's offered so much stuff we're splitting it up, so we've decided on this for the winners:

Best Film: Diva Ring Light with Stand
Best Script: DV Enlightenment DVD and a Photoflex 42” 5n1 Reflector
Best Actor: a pair of Sony 7506 headphones

Great gear! Thanks so much, Guy!

Okay, all for now because we know you're dying to get started on your film.

The theme is: MASKS.

That's it! Get going and good luck!!

EDIT: Rule change: Maximum length 4 minutes plus 15-20 seconds for credits. See below for details.

Ben Robbins October 14th, 2010 10:28 AM

here we go

Chris Barcellos October 14th, 2010 10:32 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Ha ha ha. Very funny. I just finished a film this summer for the Sacramento Horror Film Festival called, "Mask of Evil". See poster in photo attached.

Lorinda Norton October 14th, 2010 10:38 AM

Wow! That's the poster that came up as a thumbnail on Facebook when I posted the theme there! Nice work!!

Lorinda Norton October 14th, 2010 11:33 AM

Important! Read this...

Veterans of DVCs have been spoiled by us stretching the time limit from the 3 minutes that the rules state. I wanted to return to the original rule, but just asked Dylan before he blew off the radar for awhile. He says let's split the difference.

So...you have FOUR (4) minutes to tell your story. If you need to go over that by 15-20 seconds to fit in your credits, that's okay, but anything over that is DQ, baby! :)

Andris Krastins October 14th, 2010 12:07 PM

Mine will have to be a 12h film project due to my overloaded schedule, but the theme is generous, so I'll have to come up with something.

Henry Williams October 14th, 2010 12:40 PM

How broadly can we interpret the theme? Do we have to base the short around something to do with a literal physical mask, or could it be people pretending to be something they're not?

Lorinda Norton October 14th, 2010 01:02 PM

That's the beauty of the DV Challenge, Henry. Interpretation is wide open. :)

Henry Williams October 14th, 2010 01:16 PM

Thanks very much for the clarification Lorinda. I'll get writing!

Mugurel Dragusin October 14th, 2010 05:48 PM

Hey, nice theme! :)

Timothy White October 15th, 2010 08:53 AM

I think I'll have fun with this one!! :)

Dylan Couper October 16th, 2010 04:26 PM

Just finished writing my script... now all I need are some masks! :)

Cole Seidl October 18th, 2010 05:53 PM

It's gonna take all my will power to not just create a complete rip-off of "Eyes Wide Shut" on this one.

Bill Thesken October 18th, 2010 06:54 PM

Speaking of Masks.
Here's the final scenes of an old The Twilight Zone show:

YouTube - The Masks (Part Four) Final

Ben Robbins October 19th, 2010 05:01 PM

My camera has decided to stop working on me this week. Unfortunately, I won't be able to submit a project for this challenge :(. More motivation to pick up a 7d!