DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   The DV Challenge (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/dv-challenge/)
-   -   The DV Challenge #3 - Sign Up Thread (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/dv-challenge/49200-dv-challenge-3-sign-up-thread.html)

Dylan Couper August 11th, 2005 05:18 PM

The DV Challenge #3 - Sign Up Thread

This is the official DVC3 sign up thread!
DVC3 begins Thursday Sept. 8th and finishes midnight, Friday Sept. 16th.
For sign up rules, go here:
http://www.thedvchallenge.com/signup.shtml

Michael Gibbons August 11th, 2005 09:41 PM

I'm in.

Dylan, Keith, it might be helpful to have a link to the DVC homepage on the sign up page. Unless it's there and i just looked past it. in which case, never mind.

thanks
edit: payment on the way.
Hey I sent you more than 10$ this time Dylan, does that mean I get an email notification of the theme? :) just kidding.

Dylan Couper August 11th, 2005 09:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Michael Gibbons
I'm in.

Dylan, Keith, it might be helpful to have a link to the DVC homepage on the sign up page. Unless it's there and i just looked past it. in which case, never mind.

thanks

It's at the top of the page. :)

This is me signing up for DVC3 as well, my Paypal donation will be paid the next time I hit the liquor store.

Jean-Philippe Archibald August 12th, 2005 11:29 AM

I'm in too!!! but the level of competition was really high in the DVC 2... I will do my best! :) (you will have perhaps your first french with english subtitles submission).

Sean McHenry August 12th, 2005 09:13 PM

Officially in this one too.

My editing PC died the other day. Mainboard quit firing up so I have a replacement on the way. Laptop will do for this one. Actually, the laptop is more powerful than the desktop anyway.

By the way - OT - I am working on shrinking a few of my early works with a DV camera as well as one or two of my short demo reels on my site at http://www.surgetechservices.com/smchenry/ Check the very bottom of the page in a day or so. People can leave feedback on the "Secrets" thread.

"Could be dangerous. You go first."
Marty Feldman - Young Frankenstein

Sean McHenry

Bradley L Marlow August 14th, 2005 02:56 PM

I'm in as well.

Just sent in the e-mail and donation. Am looking forward to this!

Best wishes,
Bradley

Daniel Kohl August 15th, 2005 03:31 AM

I'm in as well,

Dylan, maybe you could post the official starting and ending dates and times in this thread, because I'm not sure when the real "go" date is. It has changed a few times, and your last indication of a "go" date sounded 1/10th tentative.

I'm trying to get a web site on line - so I will make my official entry when that is done, so that I can include it.

As far as the competition watching it's back ... I have the sneaking suspicion that DVC#3 is going to happen in the week of the CEBIT in Amsteradam and the week of my only major job this year, so everyone relax. Although, last time I was just trying to keep my posteriour off the WOS too.

Cheers,

Pete Bauer August 25th, 2005 09:15 AM

Ok, I'm in...ready to take my lumps from the talented challengers out there.

EDIT: Hey folks, don't let the "Wrangler" title intimidate you...I'm only a hobbyist with a busy day job who has never done anything of a purely "artistic short film" nature. Pretty much only done a few "I've been there" home docu-shorts about odd places my job sends me to. This'll be my absolute first effort to make an artistic short film.

Mike Teutsch August 25th, 2005 09:35 AM

I'm In!

Dylan,

I'll be in this one too, but could be interesting, as I will be on vacation in the midwest during this one. At least I'm driving and can take equipment with me. Should be a real Challenge on the road! Thank god I bought a laptop, now just hope it all works.

P.S. The sign up email link would not take my email, so this may be the only notice to join that you get. Will try on another computer.

Also, is the change in the sign-up fee finallized yet?

Mike Teutsch

Fredrik-Larsson August 25th, 2005 03:56 PM

I am in! Expect a hard time! Well.. actually I have an important exam the same week but wtf I can sleep less... I think... oh.. what have I done? WOS here I come!!! :)

Robert Martens August 25th, 2005 07:03 PM

I'm good to go! Sent my email, ready to compete. I'm starting college this Tuesday, should be fun to see how this alters my schedule...but hell, it wouldn't be a challenge if I had all the time in the world, now would it?

Game on, as it were.

Philip Williams August 25th, 2005 08:37 PM

Holy smokes, an Optura 50 and XLR adapter! I'll probably end up on the Wall Of Shame, but I can't NOT sign up for this one. I'm in.

Philip Williams
www.philipwilliams.com

Scott Hebert August 25th, 2005 08:46 PM

is it going to cost $, i'm a little unclear about that?

Philip Williams August 25th, 2005 08:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Scott Hebert
is it going to cost $, i'm a little unclear about that?

I just read in another post that its back to free with voluntary donations. I hope so, cause the company I'm at is, um.. having financial problems. I'm still waiting for my 8-15 check :(

Jonathan Jones August 25th, 2005 09:04 PM

Yeah, I will be in for this round as well - always looking forward to it, and then I will be able to say that I\'m in 3 for 3. I really value everything I gain from having to work everything out in time for the deadline and have fun doing it so I\'m definately along for this one. I will do the official duty with signup email tonight or tomorrow when I have more time, along with a donation even though I now understand that it is free again - I gotta throw in a little kick-back for all the support I have gotten from this site.
-Jon