DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   The DV Challenge (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/dv-challenge/)
-   -   DVC 20 - The Winner! (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/dv-challenge/497078-dvc-20-winner.html)

Lorinda Norton June 12th, 2011 07:24 PM

DVC 20 - The Winner!

This was an interesting round, with all kinds of takes on the theme "instructional video."

We wouldn't have a great home for the challenge if not for Chris Hurd and DV Info Net so, many thanks, Chris! Also, thanks to Dylan Couper for bringing the challenge to life in 2005. It has been a lot of fun for a lot of filmmakers over the years.

Big thanks always to our sponsor, Guy Cochran of www.dvestore.com for supporting us all these years. For DVC 20 Guy offered the Skycrane Jr as the prize! Thanks so much, Guy!

All right, let's get on to the winners. With nine entries we'll post the top two; shoot us an email if you want to know where you landed. Voting was all over the place, and I am pleased to say that not one entry was left out!

1st Runner Up: Bill Thesken for "How To Make a Pizza"

Very nicely done, Bill, and I'm sure garlic growers all over the world applaud your recommendation. :)

Winner & DVC 20 Champion: Chris Barcellos for "Perfect Planning"

Way to go, Chris! We've seen you in the winner's circle before and you captured the prize again with a great film. Can't wait to see what you do with the 8' jib in your arsenal!

That's a wrap, folks! Have a great summer and we'll see you next time for DVC 21.

Chris Hurd June 12th, 2011 08:08 PM

Re: DVC 20 - The Winner!

Congrats to Chris and Bill, props to Guy and Dylan, and thanks gobs to LJ for seeing this through. Well done, all!

Chris Swanberg June 12th, 2011 08:19 PM

My congrats from the sidelines to Chris. Hoping to get back in the game with him soon, but MAN, he has moved up a long ways since I last was on his sets. Incredible job, Chris, and thanks to Lorinda and Guy!!

Chris Swanberg

ps. Dave's hair sure is getting long !

Chris Barcellos June 12th, 2011 10:36 PM

Wow.... I wasn't even looking for this announcement when I signed on tonight. Everyone voted early and fast, I guess. Thank you all for your votes... and I thank our cast and crew for their efforts in this film. We will surely put the new jib to use in our next projects...And a special thanks to Guy at DVeStore for the support he has given theDVChallenge, and thanks to Chris Hurd and Dylan, and especially to Lorinda who is out front always on theDVChallenge!

Lorinda Norton June 12th, 2011 11:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chris Barcellos (Post 1657842)
Wow.... I wasn't even looking for this announcement when I signed on tonight. Everyone voted early and fast, I guess.

Got all the votes by midday. I planned to post it earlier so everyone could see it today but...I fell asleep! Sorry for that; hoping they'll check in tomorrow and give you guys the kudos you deserve. Which reminds me--every one of you who submitted a video are winners in our book. It's hard completing one of these and you all did great! Thank you all for a fun and, as I said earlier, interesting round.

Bill Thesken June 12th, 2011 11:22 PM

Holy cow I can't believe I came this close... Great work Chris!

Andris Krastins June 13th, 2011 12:22 AM

Congrats, Chris!
This was a wonderful challenge, thank you all!

Henry Williams June 13th, 2011 02:44 AM

Congratulations all. Will see you at the next one :)

Gerald OConnor June 13th, 2011 06:00 AM

Congratulations Chris great video.

George Williams June 13th, 2011 06:33 AM

Congrats to one and all, see you at the next one.

Dick Mays June 13th, 2011 06:48 AM

Congratulations Chris and good work Bill. Bill needs to win one of these soon so Lorinda can take a trip to Hawaii to hadn deliver the prize.

Lorinda Norton June 13th, 2011 09:41 AM

I think you're on to something there, Dick. Perfect for the charity challenge when it's cold up here in Idaho...

Guy Cochran June 13th, 2011 11:47 AM

Congrats to all participants for successfully completing the challenge. It's always great to see folks getting out there and creating. We all learn so much with every project and just get better and better. Chris - your skills just keep growing and growing. Well done! Enjoy the Skycrane Jr. jib arm! It's an awesome device!

Jay Kavi June 13th, 2011 07:30 PM

Congrats to Chris and great round everyone! See ya next time!

Jay Knobbe July 14th, 2012 05:01 AM

Where can I go to view the videos?