Please explain DV Challenge at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > The Archives > The DV Challenge
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

The DV Challenge
An organized theme-based competition where Content is King!

Old August 30th, 2005, 06:47 PM   #1
Regular Crew

Please explain DV Challenge

Ok I came to this forum, and looked around. But I can't seem to find what exactly the DV Challenge is. I'm pretty sure its a short film contest, but I can't seem to find if its just a web contest, or if its held somewhere. Also where are the rules explaining what type of things are are supposed to be in the film? I have never been in any competition or anything so forgive my ignorance. Thanks in advance.

Sincerely,
Jeff Tyler
Jeff Tyler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 30th, 2005, 06:55 PM   #2
Inner Circle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff Tyler
Ok I came to this forum, and looked around. But I can't seem to find what exactly the DV Challenge is. I'm pretty sure its a short film contest, but I can't seem to find if its just a web contest, or if its held somewhere. Also where are the rules explaining what type of things are are supposed to be in the film? I have never been in any competition or anything so forgive my ignorance. Thanks in advance.

Sincerely,
Jeff Tyler
Jeff,

This will be the thrid DV Challenge. See the website below for more details. The First one had about 5 entries, the second had about 25. This one should be much higher.

See this website---- http://www.thedvchallenge.com/index.shtml for all the details.

Grab your camera and crew and stand by for the theme, which I think will come out and be posted on the 8th of September. I believe you will then have until about midnight on the 16th to post your entry. The site has about all the details and there are many many threads here to read for past posts and details.

Good luck and join in, all are welcome! Bring it on Spielberg!

Mike
Old August 31st, 2005, 01:25 PM   #3
Regular Crew

Thanks, sounds good.
Jeff Tyler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 31st, 2005, 10:01 PM   #4
Wrangler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff Tyler
Thanks, sounds good.
Mike covered it, but the most important thing about it, is it is a reason to get off your butt and make a movie with nothing to lose.

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > The Archives > The DV Challenge