DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   The DV Challenge (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/dv-challenge/)
-   -   What is Dylan-time in GMT? (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/dv-challenge/50604-what-dylan-time-gmt.html)

Fredrik-Larsson September 6th, 2005 09:29 AM

What is Dylan-time in GMT?

I saw "finishes midnight, Friday Sept. 16th". Now I figure that it's your timezone. Do you know what that is in GMT (Greenwichtime, Zulu and what it's called)? It's cool to know since here it might be something like 4 pm on friday...

Andrew Paul September 6th, 2005 11:53 AM

Good point made. I tried to work it out but there are a few timezones in the good old USA, Pacific, Mountain, Central and Eastern. Which one are you ?

Keith Loh September 6th, 2005 12:38 PM

I'm not saying this is the deadline for the challenge but Dylan is in the PST time zone.

Fredrik-Larsson September 6th, 2005 12:49 PM

I saw that PST (Pacific Standard Time) equals UTC-08 which should mean that a deadline 24.00 on friday would be hmm... 8 AM on saturday morning if you are in GMT/UTC/Zulu? Can that be correct?

Andrew Paul September 6th, 2005 03:05 PM

If Dylan is Pacific time then 8am in the morning is correct. Still obviously get the same time to do the film though as when we get the subject we will be 8 hours ahead on our time.

Bradley L Marlow September 6th, 2005 04:41 PM

Start Time Announcement

I see it starts on the 8th...but what time on the 8th should we all be cramming this site for the announcement?

If I missed this...I apologize in advance and prefer whips to chains.

Dylan Couper September 7th, 2005 12:12 AM

Correct, all times I offer are in Pacific Standard Time!

I'll probably post the theme around 8am PST.

Andrew Paul September 7th, 2005 04:13 PM

Wonder how many visitors you get to this forum at 8am on thursday............. I`ll be sitting here refreshing my page, sitting, waiting, waiting, sitting..... can`t wait !

James Connors September 7th, 2005 05:00 PM

Its Thursday here in BST... c'mon world, catch up! :D

Bradley L Marlow September 7th, 2005 07:23 PM

We're trying James...just can't seem to get the world to tilt on it's axis any more than it has.

Andrew...me too...lol

Phillip Jackson September 8th, 2005 12:10 AM

So is the Theme gonna be posted on the forums here?
Do we get an offical email as well?

I'm guessing with the time difference the Theme will be anounced 4am Friday my time (NZ) 10 hours to go :)

Well hopefully i get something done after my camera died in the fog last weekend and now having to borrow a friends camera. guess it helps with the challenge of it all. :)

Jeff Sayre September 8th, 2005 12:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Phillip Jackson
So is the Theme gonna be posted on the forums here?
Do we get an official email as well?

Phillip:

Yes, the theme will be posted on the DVinfo.net forum. It will be found in this thread entitled "DV CHALLENGE #3 Theme Post - Go Go Go!!!!" http://www.dvinfo.net/conf/showthread.php?t=50702.

As far as an email notification, I believe Dylan does not email people. Instead, the thread above is the official notification.

Good luck!

K. Forman September 8th, 2005 04:23 AM

I've heard of Miller Time, and Hammer Time, but what is Dylan Time? Does it involve wearing parachute pants?

Fredrik-Larsson September 8th, 2005 04:48 AM

The legend of Dylan-time...

Well... it has several meanings... the most common is the time and timezone when noble judge Dylan announces the theme of the DV-challenge. It occurs about every 8 week or so.

It's also the time when this judge Dylan receives complete worship from the "contenders". This will mean that whenever Dylan meet a contender he can get a free Miller Time and if he get's enough Miller we might even see him do the "Hammer Time". Though these are mere rumours I am sure that it one day will be caught on DV-tape.

Sean McHenry September 8th, 2005 07:42 AM

"Dylan Time" is a lot like "Bullet Time", but 8 hours later.

Sean