Does it always start on a Thursday? at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > The Archives > The DV Challenge

The DV Challenge
An organized theme-based competition where Content is King!

Old September 7th, 2005, 05:52 AM   #1
Major Player

Does it always start on a Thursday?

Just wondering if there was a specific reason it started on a Thursday.. for those of us working normal jobs (alas non video related, weep) that means we need our scripts ready by Friday night in order to shoot in the day light. I have a feeling mine is going to be very dark! Even if it was announced on wednesday, those precious 24 hours would help out a lot.

Only a suggestion, for all i know this has been precisely worked out to start on a set day for a reason! Not long till the theme now... *anxious* :D
James Connors is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 7th, 2005, 07:19 AM   #2
Wrangler

Yeah, it is a short time between theme announcement and the prime weekend shooting time. I believe Dylan designed it this way because he is EVIL.

;-)~

Nevertheless, I guess I'd vote to leave the timing as is. I'd rather be pushed to come up with the idea and rough script quickly, leaving more time on the tail end to reshoot scenes and tweak in post (Isn't it an immutable Law of the Universe that tweaking ALWAYS takes longer than you think it will?). The more time I have to descend into writer's block, the less time I'll have to shoot and edit, and the more likely I am to end up on the wall of shame.

It's no milk run, it's a DV challenge. "CHALLENGE ON" tomorrow!
Pete Bauer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 7th, 2005, 07:55 AM   #3
Major Player

Exactly. Otherwise it wouldn't be a challenge. And after all... it could be worse... it could be one of those 48 hours challenge...

I am looking forward to this challenge but on top of it all I have become sick. I hope I am well by tomorrow... otherwise... well, no excuses.. it's gonna be a fun ride.
Fredrik-Larsson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 7th, 2005, 07:58 PM   #4
Wrangler

Starts on Thursday morning because that gives you 2 days of pre-production before prime time weekend shooting! Originaly it started Friday night.

I decided what the theme will be today. I could go post it right now...
Hmmm....
Old September 8th, 2005, 01:44 AM   #5
Major Player

Ok, as long as you pro specs and students promise not to shoot in the weekday light :p

Still, gives me 3 days to get the damn thing rendered, whilst shouting as many swear words at the PC as possible as it processes a paltry 2 frames a second :)
James Connors is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > The Archives > The DV Challenge