DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   The DV Challenge (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/dv-challenge/)
-   -   DVC3 Submitted films (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/dv-challenge/51165-dvc3-submitted-films.html)

Dylan Couper September 15th, 2005 06:28 PM

DVC3 Submitted films

This is a thread for me to keep track of who has submitted their entries for DVC3.

If you have emailed me the link to your film, and your name isn't here, email me again!

Thanks

Dylan

Dylan Couper September 15th, 2005 06:45 PM

So far:
Meryem Ersoz
Fredrik Larsson
Richard Zlanany
Bradley L. Marlow
Phillip Jackson

Dylan Couper September 16th, 2005 09:56 PM

Jeff Tyler
Elvis Deane
Andy Paul
Jean-Philippe Archibald
Josh Johnson
Tyler Baptist
Sean McHenry
Andrew Johnson and Lisa Lopez (Summer Of Love)
Dick Mays (holding for new version!)

Dylan Couper September 16th, 2005 11:21 PM

Armin DeFiesta
Lorinda Norton
Sean Buck
Jeff Sayer
Mike Teutsch
Mitchell Stookey
Scott Hebert
Jason Varner
Hugo Pinto
Nick Hiltgen

Dylan Couper September 17th, 2005 12:44 AM

Ok, I'm calling it a night, I'll update this in the morning with the rest of those who squeek in under midnight! If you submitted a film and your name isn't on the list by then, email me asap!

Dylan

Dylan Couper September 17th, 2005 12:49 AM

Oh yeah, one last submission:

Dylan Couper

Muahahaha.... wait until you see mine.

Sean McHenry September 17th, 2005 08:34 AM

For the numerically challenged, that's 24 entries? Good sized field this time but not the explosion we were afraid of. I know a lot of folks had to bail for various reasons. Sorry to hear that. It would have put it around 30 if everyone had been able to work it out.

Dylan might have to do some math to figure out the percentage of final entries vs number of folks that sign up and average it out across all 3 DVCs. Rough estimate is we have about 20% casualty rate before the final postings.

I only bring this up so we might be able to gague the next DVC. If Dylan gets 40 entries, he'll be able to do the math and estimate the amount of work on the back end for him and the judges.

Anyway, still, a good showing and up from DVC2.

Good luck all.

Sean McHenry

Fredrik-Larsson September 17th, 2005 08:39 AM

I think that "cameras" probably was a bit tougher subject than "secrets". This might also have something to do with it.

Pete Bauer September 17th, 2005 09:21 AM

Hopefully Dylan will count at least 25. My personal web site was having server problems yesterday, so I held off e-mailing a link until the very last minute while trying to get my web site back up. Finally had to beg a little server space for my 80MB file at the web site of a friend of my wife's, which was the link I sent last night.

Got the server problem resolved overnight. Have sent an updated link to Dylan and removed the file from the borrowed site.

(Dylan, everything seems to be working fine but if you DIDN'T get that link, of course please let me know right away..."thedvchallenge@hotmail.com" right?)

Anyway, my usual kind of shooting is to document cool stuff I get to do at work or on travel, or family stuff. So this is not only my first DVChallenge, but my first time to try putting together a "real short film" with a script and actors...something other than a personal docu-clip. Yup, it was a lot more work than it seemed like it should have been, but LOADS of fun. That film bug that's been nipping at my heels for years has now bit hard!

Thanks again, Dylan, for all the hard work you do to put this contest together so that many of us actually DO get off our @sses and shoot. Even if my silly effort comes in dead last (which it could well do!), that fact makes it a complete success!

Sean McHenry September 17th, 2005 09:25 AM

I think you have something there. I was hoping for a verb. Something to hang some emotion on and go from there. It worked out fairly well however as I had the idea for it the day it came out. Unlike Secrets which took a while to come up with.

I'm sure more than a few folks went the same direction I did. I want to see how we did it and what ideas the others came up with.

I still think it might be intertesting to release a whole script and have everyone shoot it as they think best. Dialog should remain mostly intact as well as the basic scene elements, something like:

Fade In
Interior of car - afternoon
Mr. Smith - "Why yes dear, that is a dead body in the back seat"
Mrs. Smith - "OK dear. Why?"

That sort of thing and see how people dress the actors, the camera angles people choose, the characterizations the actors present. I think that would be really interesting.

I would love to see the big names do that. I could see Ron Howard, Rob Reiner, David Lynch and Quinten and Rodriguez all doing that simple scene in all sorts of ways.

Maybe I could help Dylan develop a short script and we could try that down the road.

Sean McHenry

Dylan Couper September 17th, 2005 10:33 AM

A couple of last minute sneak ins!!!

Jon Jones
Michael Gibbons
Pete Bauer

Stephen van Vuuren September 17th, 2005 11:09 AM

Wosers

I've done two 48 Hour film festivals and the casualty rate is about the same. Bear in mind though that teams pay $125 to enter, but computers crash, tempers flail and people try stuff unshootable in 48 hours.

So 20% sounds about right to me for WOSers (rhymes with "losers" :)

Bradley L Marlow September 17th, 2005 03:22 PM

"Muahahaha!" - (love it!)

When can we see all the cool flicks? This is exciting!

Dylan Couper September 17th, 2005 05:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bradley L Marlow
"Muahahaha!" - (love it!)

When can we see all the cool flicks? This is exciting!

Starting Sunday or Monday as soon as I get all the judges reports.