Frame 37 - The Making of - Page 3 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > The Archives > The DV Challenge

The DV Challenge
An organized theme-based competition where Content is King!

Old September 21st, 2005, 11:30 PM   #31
Trustee

Oh, I forgot, on the music. I actually get a lot of my ideas for story lines from listening to the music first. See my thread on where I find my music. Ronnie Raygun did a few songs that have a definate slack key guitar western twang to them. Reminded me a lot of the old gunfight scenes. I imediatly got an image of a scene that involves a dual at a stop sign. Can't go into detail but look for that one around spring. Need more time to polish the script and get folks lined up.

I work a lot like that. I keep a small recorder and my Dell Axim 30 (Palm Pilot like device) around for quick notes. I see scenes in my head plain as day when certain music is playing. I might be listening to the radio and hear something and think, man, that's the perfect music for a lone driver heading out of town into a great sunset with a shotgun on the passenger seat and sunglasses on.

That sort of thing.

Anyway, see you guys when the next great batch is released tomorrow morning.

Sean, again.

http://www.DeepBlueEdit.com
Sean McHenry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 22nd, 2005, 02:09 AM   #32
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sean McHenry
Is it me or does everyone hate their own voice on recordings.
No, it's not just you. Most people do.
Old September 22nd, 2005, 02:15 AM   #33
Regular Crew

As you'll see (or hear) on Friday, I have good reasons to hate mine ;)

Hugo
Hugo Pinto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 22nd, 2005, 08:31 AM   #34
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sean McHenry
Oh, I forgot, on the music. I actually get a lot of my ideas for story lines from listening to the music first. See my thread on where I find my music. Ronnie Raygun did a few songs that have a definate slack key guitar western twang to them. Reminded me a lot of the old gunfight scenes. I imediatly got an image of a scene that involves a dual at a stop sign. Can't go into detail but look for that one around spring. Need more time to polish the script and get folks lined up.

I work a lot like that. I keep a small recorder and my Dell Axim 30 (Palm Pilot like device) around for quick notes. I see scenes in my head plain as day when certain music is playing. I might be listening to the radio and hear something and think, man, that's the perfect music for a lone driver heading out of town into a great sunset with a shotgun on the passenger seat and sunglasses on.

That sort of thing.

Anyway, see you guys when the next great batch is released tomorrow morning.

Sean, again.
Thanks Sean- Your description of seeing scenes in your head while listening to music fits me as well.

Yes- I really liked Millenium though it has been a while since I've seen it. Dark, twisted and very interesting. Seems to me I was watching both Millenium and X-Files then. I heard there is a new series coming out that is targeted towards fans of these series' but the name escapes me.
Bradley L Marlow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 22nd, 2005, 08:51 AM   #35
Trustee

"Harsh Realm" - terrible show, for me at least. The promise of shows featuring High Tech always misses with me. That's why Outer Limits was so good. If there was some spooky eire device, it was a black box with a hole in it. Nobody knew how it worked, you never saw the technology, you just knew it was a bad thing and it worked very well at being bad.

There was a great episode I can't recall the details of now that dealt with people discovering a camera. I believe it was sent to them in a package that was labeled "Don't open until Christmas". Eventually, everyone opened the paper and peeked in the hole - and disappeared.

Simple, straight forward and left so much to imagine. See my previous thoughts on that.

Thanks,

Sean

EDIT ------

By the way, I just realized I keep spelling Ronni Raygun wrong. It's Ronni Raygun. There is another band with RonnIE. I am working with RonnI, from the NY/NJ area. If you like his music, I just found a GREAT Rockabilly band last night, Cadillac Angels.

Sean

Old September 22nd, 2005, 09:59 PM   #36
Major Player

Sean, as usual, we can count on a well blocked and shot movie from you! It was very compelling. I liked the fact that something remained behind when your daughter went off to Frame 37 world.

I agree with several others above, the last scene where you're looking through the pictures was very well done indeed. Also, the opening of the front door when your daughter leaves the house to go shoot was a great shot.

Whether you win this round or not, you clearly have an innate talent and eye for crafting great movies. Keep it up!
Old September 23rd, 2005, 07:19 AM   #37
Trustee

Thanks Jeff. I'm going to show all these reviews to the boss at the day job one day.

I remember watching an HBO series way back when the "Days and Nights of Molly Dodd" used to be on, (Blair Brown was a sort of a Babe to me - remember Altered States?) whose name escapes me now. The main lead, a younger 30 something male was named Ben I think. He was a publisher and he alwasy saw his life a various scenes from television. I can't remember the name of the show but it was pretty good. I'm a bit like that. I just see it the way it makes sense to me and do it.

Thanks again,

Sean

Old October 4th, 2005, 08:40 AM   #38
Trustee

OK folks. After a week or so of building my own video/audio server, I find the bandwidth coming out of my house isn't going to support streaming. I can stream music pretty well but the demand is limited there. You are all welcome to stop in my editing suite and pull copies of the files if you like for later viewing. You will have to download them however as I have given up on Helix being able to server the videos effectivly on the puny uplink I have. I pay for the fastest downlink speed but I think that's the trade off.

You can see them here for a while. I may not keep them here forever but I did want to give it a try.

http://www.surgetechservices.com/smchenry/

Link to the videos page is near the top.

Enjoy for as long as it lasts.

Be sure to check out the older videos if you have an interest. I did some minor 3D work a few years back with 3D Studio. You might like the small demos. Used 3D Studio, Bryce and Cool3D amongst other stuff.

Sean.

Sean McHenry is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > The Archives > The DV Challenge