DVC4 How you guys doing? - Page 3 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > The Archives > The DV Challenge
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

The DV Challenge
An organized theme-based competition where Content is King!

Old December 8th, 2005, 10:36 PM   #31
Trustee

I was able to stick to my own deadline. Dylan has the links to my files. I'm probably done. I may redo the final files as they might be a touch too dark, as in brightness, not mood.

I hope you all enjoy it/them when they are released.

As always, I was in it so, sorry about the acting.

And the big police accident scene, the one I treked out to the wilderness of wild Ohio backroads for, at about 10 degrees outside, I used less than 4 seconds of it. man that was worth it. Actually, it does add quite a bit of authenticity to the piece.

Sean

http://www.DeepBlueEdit.com
Sean McHenry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 9th, 2005, 12:37 PM   #32
Major Player

Aaaaaand...I'm out! Again. I feel kind of guilty choosing not to shoot this thing when so many others are finding themselves in the unfortunate position of not even having the option, but that's the way it goes.
Robert Martens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 9th, 2005, 12:57 PM   #33
Major Player

well I started...

I at least started after I was so sick this past week. I have the intro and music. Now need the voice over and several scenes inside. BUT the wife has a work party, I have the baby and she's the actress. So wait I must... But I persevere till the end...
Old December 9th, 2005, 03:03 PM   #34
Regular Crew

How am I doing so far? NOTHING. That's right, I've done nothing so far. Thought about what I'll do? Not much. Struggling in school? Yes. Will I shoot, edit and submit something this weekend even though I have finals and projects due on Monday? You BETCHA.
Mitchell Stookey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 9th, 2005, 04:10 PM   #35
Major Player

I am beat, but I will still try. We just got a snow storm and now my cats can't perform outside as planned. So I am writing a new easier script tonight.
Richard Zlamany is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 9th, 2005, 05:31 PM   #36
Regular Crew

Yeah Im pretty much screwed. I wrote a script but I just haven't had the time to shoot anything. Chances are im done for, lucky theres no wall of shame this time ;)
Jeff Tyler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 9th, 2005, 06:50 PM   #37
Inner Circle

Almost done!

Well I'm almost done with mine, but not having much fun. It is a real bummer of a story and that has brought me down. If you are looking for Holidays fun stuff, don't watch it. I should have done another comedy style movie, but this is just what I came up with, and too late to change now! I sure wish I knew more on the DP side, but I can only do what I can do. It does not have a name yet, but could probably be called, "Tales from the Dark Side of the Holidays."

If you watch it, please remember that I wish all a Merry Christmas and the best of New Years! Sad story and cheesy too quick ending, but hey, life's a bitch sometimes! Not really my life!

This is the only way I learn, if I do at all! So forgive me for this thing.

Come on everyone-----get-er-done!

Mike
Old December 9th, 2005, 10:02 PM   #38
Trustee

Post-op

Mike, welcome to the dark side. I was headed that direction but came up with something a bit more interesting to me. I won't spoil it but if you ignore the Santa parts of it, I think it still has something interesting.

I am tapping this out with my left hand as my right arm is in a sling, and I am on double percocet. The shoulder operation came off without a hitch about 7am this morning. Other than the pain NOT killed by the drugs, and it's still substantial, I feel pretty moderate.

I was given a CD of the procedure and a set of stills of the before and afters. The stills are suprisingly clear and sharp and not at all gross. I'll save the CD for a bit later.

Trying to get some rest but I think I'll be up a while. Loading up the DVD player next. Solaris, 2010, Blade Runner and who knows what else.

See you all later. Get busy y'all.

Sean McHenry

http://www.DeepBlueEdit.com
Sean McHenry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 9th, 2005, 10:17 PM   #39
Inner Circle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sean McHenry
Mike, welcome to the dark side. I was headed that direction but came up with something a bit more interesting to me. I won't spoil it but if you ignore the Santa parts of it, I think it still has something interesting.

I am tapping this out with my left hand as my right arm is in a sling, and I am on double percocet. The shoulder operation came off without a hitch about 7am this morning. Other than the pain NOT killed by the drugs, and it's still substantial, I feel pretty moderate.

I was given a CD of the procedure and a set of stills of the before and afters. The stills are suprisingly clear and sharp and not at all gross. I'll save the CD for a bit later.

Trying to get some rest but I think I'll be up a while. Loading up the DVD player next. Solaris, 2010, Blade Runner and who knows what else.

See you all later. Get busy y'all.

Sean McHenry

Lost my mother on Christmas Eve 2000, and my step father on New Years day one year and a week later. Never thought about it as affecting my Holiday "Spirit," but maybe it did. Just a sad story for Christmas!

Oh, sling bad, percocet good! I quit taking any pain meds many years ago, as they do not work for me. I had knee surgery years ago, and they wanted to put me out. I said, no I don't need that. They said Ok, we'll give you a local and something to make you relax! I said, Ok on the local but I don't need anything to relax, I'll be fine. So I chatted with the anesthesiologist during the whole surgery. You want to know why it hurts so much later? They are not gentle at all during the surgery! I thought they were going to rip my leg off, but hey, they are the doctors!

Heal up Sean, and good luck! Don't watch my movie for a pick-me-up!

Mike
Old December 10th, 2005, 08:28 AM   #40
Major Player

Where do we send the link?

I lost where we are to send the link.... Is it this one? "thedvchallenge@hotmail.com"

Also must it be QT?

What about WMV seems like it's a bit smaller in size for the servers we are responsible for. Also and looks better to me ...
Old December 10th, 2005, 10:07 AM   #41
Regular Crew

Yeah I'm not going to make it.... we had several meltdowns at work this week trying to meet deadlines getting shows out.
Old December 10th, 2005, 11:30 AM   #42
Major Player

Just finished rendering WMV8 and H.264 Quick Time. The Windows version is looks better and is 1/3 the size. Are the Microsoft guys just that much smarter, or do I need a better Quciktime codec?

(I don't have Sorenson 4, and Sorenson 3 QT looks worse than H264).
Dick Mays is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 10th, 2005, 11:32 AM   #43
Major Player

my bad. The Windows version is: WMV9 not 8.
Dick Mays is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 10th, 2005, 11:40 AM   #44
Major Player

yep

same thing here... I did a QT4 codec... not as good as WMV, but the same size... H264 is huge ... looks nice though...
Old December 10th, 2005, 12:22 PM   #45
Major Player

Sean what happened to your shoulder that required surgery?

I have a new script and will be shooting today.
Richard Zlamany is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > The Archives > The DV Challenge