FeedBack Search of Spirit at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > The Archives > The DV Challenge

The DV Challenge
An organized theme-based competition where Content is King!

Old December 19th, 2005, 04:40 PM   #1
Major Player

FeedBack Search of Spirit

So, I guess ... post feedback... LOL

I originally was going to do a ghost flick in my library at school, but the school did not give me access to equipment or let me film in our library. Even when i told them it was for charity, they told me to go away. Oh well...

So I did this in about 3 hours. I snuck a camera into walmart in my sleeve to get the footage and drove around with my friend to get the other footage. I wasn't expecting to make something really AMAZING! but I figured i'd make something experimental that gives you a feeling instead of an actual story. I know i know i know...story... story...story....but i'm starting to like experimental stuff, just because its pure emotional feeling, like..expressionism in movement, thanks for watching!
Riley Harmon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 19th, 2005, 05:23 PM   #2
Major Player

I really liked this one. Very much the feel of a music video. I thought the way you spliced together the medley of songs, overlaying the audio worked well. The jerky handheld camera, showcasing the merchandising of Christmas, juxtaposed with the jingle-jingle bells, really neat!

After watching it three times, I got motion sickness, and had to go throw up. Or maybe it was jsut the though of all that money I spent in Walmart last weekend...
Dick Mays is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 19th, 2005, 05:28 PM   #3
Major Player

Im glad you felt the sickness, I actually felt it during editing and thought it was good, during one small section of it (the climax) i feel like i have to puke, cry, laugh, etc which is what i wanted, that juxaposition. funny you should say that, i almost titled it 'juxaposed santa'
Riley Harmon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 19th, 2005, 05:50 PM   #4
Regular Crew

I too got motion sickness while watching this...
Old December 19th, 2005, 08:14 PM   #5
Regular Crew

Cool idea. I like the mix of the music. Definitely achieves what you were going for. I feel there's a lack of variety in the images, too much redundancy. It would have been interesting to go to a mall and show all the people going from store to store. The Walmart seemed too empty...
Jean-Francois Robichaud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 19th, 2005, 09:44 PM   #6
Wrangler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riley Harmon
I snuck a camera into walmart in my sleeve to get the footage
Riley, Riley, Riley.....I wondered how you got away with that! LOL!

The whole frenetic thing sort of drove me crazy, but then I'm way more than old enough to be your mom, so..... :)

Loved the opening scene, by the way. Beautiful!!
Old December 20th, 2005, 09:20 AM   #7
Major Player

comment...

dude i just can't... I'm freaking sick...

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > The Archives > The DV Challenge