DV Challenge #4 -The Winners Are....! - Page 2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > The Archives > The DV Challenge
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

The DV Challenge
An organized theme-based competition where Content is King!

Old January 4th, 2006, 10:27 AM   #16
Inner Circle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lorinda Norton
What a bunch of nice folks we have here! Thank you for the kind comments.

Dylan may have already sent the donation to HOPE HOUSE in the little town of Marsing, Idaho by now. As you'll see if you go to the Web site http://home.earthlink.net/~cjcory/index.html they take in kids who have nowhere else to go, provide them a loving "home" and help them become productive and [hopefully] happy members of society. I spoke with the founder about the donation from DVC4. She sounded thrilled! I've been involved some and know that your generous donations will be put to good use--not one penny will be squandered or misused. Everyone who donated just made life easier for some kids and those who work so hard on their behalf, so I hope you feel good about helping in this way.
Wow,

I went to their website and I am very impressed, and feel you made a great decision! Perhaps we can do more in the future. I, personally, bookmarked the site and perhaps in the future the donations I usually send to the Red Cross could better be used by them.

Great decision!

Mike
Old January 5th, 2006, 11:18 AM   #17
Major Player

Lorinda Norton

What a wonderful winner. I just got back up north from my home state of Texas and can now respond. as for the winners.. they were my top 2.. this is great.

As far as feed back for our own project can we e-mail Dylan and get the numbers for my entry to see where I ended up? I think as for me it would be helpful for future projects.

OK for DVC5... I am a bit unclear if we need to "per the web site "send in 20 bucks/40 bucks" to join the contest for future events.

Personal Goal... For DVC5 I'm gonna really try and use my 35mm adapter with my camera... yep... that's the goal...

Again congratulations to Lorinda Norton...
Old January 5th, 2006, 07:30 PM   #18
Major Player

Quote:
What a bunch of nice folks we have here!
Lorinda,

You're way at the top of that list of nice folks. Great choice for the donation. Congratulations again.

I should caution readers, that not everyone is as nice as Lorinda. There are a few overly competitive, obsessive, compulsive types, who will stew over not winning every competition they enter. They may go as far as cast crippled and disabled children in their next project, in an overt attempt to garner sympathy votes to overcome shorts with poor story, marginal acting, and lousy lighting. Bring on DVC#5!!!

Dick
Dick Mays is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 5th, 2006, 07:55 PM   #19
Major Player

Lorinda, you'll recall I really liked your last piece..and evidently you and the boys playing the simple life did it again! Well deserved...someday you and your cohorts will inspire me to do one of these.
Dennis Wood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 5th, 2006, 11:53 PM   #20
Trustee

I'm with Craig. I like to know how I came in as far as my standing. I am thinking I have been sliding backward since my first entry in DVC2 and want to work on swinging back the other way again.

Maybe if Dylan could send those of us interested, the results? They don't really need published here unless everyone wants to see where they came in?

Thanks folks,

Sean (bring on DVC5)

http://www.DeepBlueEdit.com

Last edited by Sean McHenry; January 6th, 2006 at 02:39 PM.
Sean McHenry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 6th, 2006, 03:05 AM   #21
Wrangler

Hi Dennis! You bet, I remember! And I will also remember to pester you about entering the next challenge, so plan on it. :)

Dick.....thanks; I am so glad you liked the choice. See you in DVC5, where we will have even more fun than before!
Old January 6th, 2006, 10:53 AM   #22
Wrangler

Hope you had a great time at "home," Craig. If you're a Longhorns fan you probably didn't need a plane to fly back! (They're even going to be on a Wheaties box!)

Guys, I don't know about anyone else, but I didn't send numbers to Dylan. I only sent my top five picks. You might be out of luck unless you're merely looking for ranking. I remember the very first challenge. Only five of us finished movies, and when the end came I was petrified that Dylan would post the ranking order! Some of us don't want to know!!!

I see that a very important person and his post has been neglected here. Mike, because you and I email back and forth no one else got to see how thrilled I was at your enthusiasm toward Hope House. You're pretty cool, big guy. :)
Old January 6th, 2006, 11:40 AM   #23
Inner Circle

Quote:

I see that a very important person and his post has been neglected here. Mike, because you and I email back and forth no one else got to see how thrilled I was at your enthusiasm toward Hope House. You're pretty cool, big guy. :)
Well Lorinda you are a dear friend and a big support to me. Hopefully you will meet the gang down in Miami again this year, and I can go down and meet you in person.

As far as Hope House goes, I think that it would be great if the DV Challenge adopted them, and each Challenge resulted in a donation to them to support their important work.

I'm afraid though, that too many would want to get the prizes that are offered by sponsors. That is understandable, but it would sure be a neat thing to do. We will see what can be worked. Perhaps if I should ever win and got a prize that I did not need, we could auction it off here and donate that way.

I recently went to a charity event for a friend who works at a local sports bar. The lady had lost her husband after about a two year battle with cancer, and he was only about 45. Many businesses donated numerous items to be raffled off with tickets and everyone was having a good time. I happened to win this little cooler with a built in radio. It was cool, no pun intended, but was not something I really needed. I told the owner, who was running the show, to put it up for auction and sell it to the highest bidder and give the proceeds to Sadie. He did just that and a $29.00 cooler went for nearly $200.00 and started a chain of auctions that raised much more money for her.

I'm going on way too long here and I apologize to all, but it is just an idea that I wanted to toss out for discussion.

Congratulations again on your win, and best of luck to all the entrants for the upcoming DV#5. Bring it on Dylan!

Mike
Old February 1st, 2006, 11:56 PM   #24
Wrangler

your donations...

Donna Velvick of Hope House asked me to give you a big “Thank You” for the kind and generous donation from The DV Challenge. She said, “I can already tell you how the money will be used. Troilyn and Thomas (sister and brother) and little Paul just came ‘HOME.’ Part of the donation will help them get settled with clothes and other things, and the rest will be used to buy some much-needed books for our school.” All three kids are under ten years old.

My parents and I got a tour of the facility which lies less than a quarter mile from the Snake River in Southern Idaho. It’s an old Job Corp complex—so run down that it took over a million dollars to fix it up over the course of four years. But it was worth it! The place looks great, the kids seem really happy and what I saw of their schooling impressed me a great deal. One of the things I believe you would all like is the fact that it’s a peaceful setting, out in the Owyhee Mountain range yet only eighteen miles from a larger town. Fresh air, lots of room to run and play, nurturing adults who obviously love them very much. I didn’t see video equipment anywhere, but they do have a great computer lab! :)

Here are the only pics my dad took of our visit: http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a2...sedonation.jpg
http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a2.../HopeHouse.jpg If you haven’t visited the Web site yet, I hope you will. And I hope you know what a privilege it was for me to represent all of you who donated. Thank you, Dylan, for coming up with such a great idea, and here’s a hug for everyone who donated. :) You did a good thing!
Old February 2nd, 2006, 09:11 AM   #25
Major Player

Lorinda,

Great minds think alike. Had I won, (which, without an understandable story, or any interesting camera angles was unlikely) I was planning to donate to the "Highland House," a home here in Winder Georgia for displaced kids.

Personally, I would love to have at most of our entry fees go to Charity during each competition. Maybe if Dylan can wrangle toys from advertisers, the winner might get a little something, but it sure is great knowing our competition benefits those in need.

DVC5, bring it on!
Dick Mays is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > The Archives > The DV Challenge