DV Challenge #4 -The Winners Are....! at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > The Archives > The DV Challenge
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

The DV Challenge
An organized theme-based competition where Content is King!

Old December 24th, 2005, 11:26 AM   #1
Wrangler

DV Challenge #4 -The Winners Are....!

Ok ladies and gentleman, we bring another DVC to a close. Possibly the most exciting challenge for us yet (or me anyway) as we've used it to raise $525 for charity!

So a few thank you's before we go on to the winner, who gets to decide which charity will be recieving a $525 bonus on Christmas eve.

Thanks of course to DVinfo and Chris Hurd, if it wasn't for him we all wouldn't be here. And next to Guy Cochran and Guy Cochran and www.dvestore.com who turned a big cash prize into a donation. Also thanks to Rob Lohman who has the great fun of adding all this to our website. :)

And this time, most importantly, the following DVinfo members who donated generously to our cause.
Mike Teutsch
Josh Johnson
Robert Martens
Dylan Couper (me!)
Fredrik Larsson
Bradley Marlow
Pete Bauer
Benjamin Durin
Lorinda Norton
Nick Hiltgen
Randall Allen
Richard Mays
Jon Jones
Chris Barcellos
Ed Smith
Riley Harmon
Daniel Rudd
Craig Bellaire
Mitchell Stookey
Sean McHenry
Jeff Tyler
Bradley Marlow
(yes, twice!)
Jason Varner

Finally, to all those who thanked me for running this, you are welcome, it was my pleasure.

Now, what you really want to hear....

The runner up in The DV Challenge #4....

Jimmy Bustos - Shark Hunting!

Congradulations Jimmy, your's stood well out over the crowd with an secure second place. Fantastic work. E-mail me with your address for your now world famous cheap winners certificate hot off my laser printer. :)

AND FINALLY...

The winner of Best Film of The DV Challenge #4 is...

Lorinda Norton - Soot Happens!

Congradulations Lorinda! Great work, great characters, funny, and with spirit. You deserved this for sure. I hope you have a charity picked out, because you are about to give someone a hell of a Christmas gift. Email me and let me know where you'd like it sent. If they have Paypal I can do it right now. If you'd like to tell everyone who it is, feel free, if not let me know via email.

That's all folks! I'm now going to retire to spend some time with my family.
Have a safe and happy holiday!

Dylan
Old December 24th, 2005, 11:49 AM   #2
Major Player

Congrats

Congratulations Lorinda for a great piece of work. Congrats for Jimmy also for another great piece of work :)

It was a pleasure to participate, the first time, in this competition and I will be sure to participate into the next one. Wish to thank you all and Happy Holidays!
Old December 24th, 2005, 12:36 PM   #3
Major Player

Merry Christmas to all...

[QUOTE=Mugurel Dragusin]Congratulations Lorinda for a great piece of work. Congrats for Jimmy also for another great piece of work :)
QUOTE]

Ditto from me an the kids down in Georgia. Beautiful work. See ya'll again in the New Year!
Dick Mays is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 24th, 2005, 12:43 PM   #4
Trustee

OK, that's 2 for Lorinda. I feel a grudge match coming on... Seriously, I voted for hers too.

Good job to the whole gange there. I think I may need to find a crew too now.

Sean McHenry

http://www.DeepBlueEdit.com
Sean McHenry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 24th, 2005, 12:46 PM   #5
Inner Circle

Great Flick and In the Spirit of the Season

Congratulations to Lorinda and crew. It was obviously the best and in the spirit of the season...
Chris Barcellos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 24th, 2005, 01:04 PM   #6
Regular Crew

Congrats! Both of the top shorts were indeed top notch.
Old December 24th, 2005, 01:18 PM   #7
Inner Circle

Yes Yes Yes!

Congratulations my dear friend, I told you that you had it! Now you have to keep going forever! Those guys are going to want contracts soon!

Mike
Old December 24th, 2005, 01:58 PM   #8
Wrangler

Hey!!! I’m……almost speechless!!! :) Just called the “crew” to tell them the news—they are thrilled that a bunch of hicks and friends from Idaho could make a little movie that you liked to this extent. To say that we are happy is quite the understatement. And we feel honored, as well. Thank you!

Congratulations to all of us for getting these movies finished and posted in this busy season. And I hope to see all of you for DVC5. What Dylan started here is growing into something very special; Dylan, you should be very proud, young man. :)

Now, about that donation to charity…..I hadn’t thought about it because, well, I didn’t think it would be my happy responsibility. There are a couple of Northwest (and wonderful) children’s charities I have in mind. I know the donations came from all over, but I have a tendency to like the smaller private organizations that work toward making the lives (and Christmases) of down-and-out little kids a bit easier to bear. One works for homeless kids and their moms, the other for kids who must be taken out of their homes and placed in foster care. This is work I have seen and appreciated with my own eyes over the years. That said, if anyone has another idea, I’d sure like to hear it. Send me a quick e-mail???

Wishing you a Merry Christmas! God bless you!

Lorinda
p.s. Whaddya mean “that’s 2,” Sean? I’m used to being at the bottom of the pile! And Mike, thank you so much for all your help and encouragement. You’re a great builder of dollies and a great friend!!!
Old December 24th, 2005, 05:59 PM   #9
Regular Crew

Congratulations Lorinda! I really enjoyed your short and I loved the ending, hilarious!
Also congrats to Jimmy who also had a great short!

Merry Christmas everyone!
Jeff Tyler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 27th, 2005, 01:16 AM   #10
New Boot

Thanks

Thank you all,
Congratulations Lorinda on a fine job.
I had a fun time and I can't wait for the next one.
Chao
Jimmy Bustos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 27th, 2005, 12:29 PM   #11
Wrangler

Well done to all who competed they were all great. Especially well done to Lorinda for finally winning one after so many attempts. Congrats to Jimmy as well. Cheers,

Good things come to those who wait

My Skiing web www.Frostytour.co.uk

For quick answers Search dvinfo.net | The best in the business: dvinfo.net Sponsors
Ed Smith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 28th, 2005, 10:47 AM   #12
Trustee

I don't know what I was thinking. For some reason I had it in my head Lorinda already won one of these.

Well, it always felt that way. Maybe that's because I always liked her videos.

Still, good job everyone.

DVC5...Ready to roll.

Sean McHenry

http://www.DeepBlueEdit.com
Sean McHenry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 30th, 2005, 04:45 PM   #13
Wrangler

congratulations, lorinda. i finally had time to watch a few of these since the holidays are winding down.

it's good to see you and your boys get the comedic recognition they deserve!
Meryem Ersoz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 2nd, 2006, 10:08 PM   #14
Major Player

Congratulations to the winners !

Lorinda, I enjoyed watching all the movies you submitted here but this one was the best of all. You improved so much I can't believe it ! And you deserve to win just for the good spirit you show in this forum.

Happy New Year to everybody with lots of DVC.

Benjamin.
Benjamin Durin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 4th, 2006, 02:33 AM   #15
Wrangler

What a bunch of nice folks we have here! Thank you for the kind comments.

Dylan may have already sent the donation to HOPE HOUSE in the little town of Marsing, Idaho by now. As you'll see if you go to the Web site http://home.earthlink.net/~cjcory/index.html they take in kids who have nowhere else to go, provide them a loving "home" and help them become productive and [hopefully] happy members of society. I spoke with the founder about the donation from DVC4. She sounded thrilled! I've been involved some and know that your generous donations will be put to good use--not one penny will be squandered or misused. Everyone who donated just made life easier for some kids and those who work so hard on their behalf, so I hope you feel good about helping in this way.

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > The Archives > The DV Challenge