DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   The DV Challenge (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/dv-challenge/)
-   -   About time for DVC5 isn't it? (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/dv-challenge/59426-about-time-dvc5-isnt.html)

Sean McHenry January 30th, 2006 10:39 AM

About time for DVC5 isn't it?

Not that I am in a hurry to shoot something else as my personal schedule is freaking tight right now but do we have an estimated time for DVC5 yet?

I would be fine with Valentines day, or March? Easter is on the way.

Just wondering. Hopefully we can get lots of folks involved.

Sean McHenry

Scott Hebert January 30th, 2006 06:23 PM

yeah well, im good with anyday seeming as how i missed the last one. ARGH. lets get this ball a moving

Alex Lewis February 9th, 2006 06:55 PM

indeed. is there any discussion on what the next theme might be? does anybody have any ideas or suggestions yet?

Lorinda Norton February 9th, 2006 07:07 PM

Welcome!

Hi Alex,

You might want to check out http://www.dvinfo.net/conf/showthread.php?t=57239, plus snoop around www.thedvchallenge.com if you haven't already.

Dylan decides on the theme and announces it when the challenge begins. This isn't run in a totally democratic fashion; Dylan is our benevolent dictator. :)

Dylan Couper February 12th, 2006 01:08 PM

Hey guys and gals.
I'm back from an extended gig out of town, and will start to put together DVC5 right away. It should be in early/mid March.

Mike Teutsch February 12th, 2006 01:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dylan Couper
Hey guys and gals.
I'm back from an extended gig out of town, and will start to put together DVC5 right away. It should be in early/mid March.

Dylan,

I'm hoping for mid March, as I will be out of the country March 1st to March 9th.

Fingers crossed. :)

Mike

Alex Lewis February 12th, 2006 07:56 PM

sorry. im new here... im usually on dvxuser.com where the process is different. i'll check them out.

Dylan Couper February 12th, 2006 08:05 PM

We should do a DVXuser vs. DVinfo.net challenge one time...
Oooh, that couldn't end well. :)

Chris Hurd February 13th, 2006 12:49 AM

No, they'd bowl us over in sheer numbers alone!

Meryem Ersoz February 13th, 2006 08:56 AM

perhaps, but if we pitted our most adorable moderator naked in a bathtub versus theirs, we'd kill 'em!

Robert M Wright February 18th, 2006 04:03 PM

How about an HDV challenge? I'd love to see that.

Lorinda Norton February 18th, 2006 08:26 PM

Robert, I am in no way trying to be a smart aleck, but why? It's all storytelling, isn't it? We don't draw lines anywhere else in this Challenge. It's one of the things that makes it so much fun! :)

Robert M Wright February 18th, 2006 09:50 PM

I hope my suggestion wasn't taken as a suggestion to replace the DV Challenge, but rather, to add another seperate competition.

My thinking is that there are a number of us that might enjoy an HDV Challenge, both as an avenue to develop/hone HDV skills and to see what interesting video might be created in high definition as a result.

Mike Teutsch February 19th, 2006 05:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Robert M Wright
I hope my suggestion wasn't taken as a suggestion to replace the DV Challenge, but rather, to add another seperate competition.

My thinking is that there are a number of us that might enjoy an HDV Challenge, both as an avenue to develop/hone HDV skills and to see what interesting video might be created in high definition as a result.

Robert,

You are welcome to shoot your Challenge movie with any camera you choose. When it comes down to posting for others to view it will have to be only about 20mb. No one is going to see any HD.

Mike

Sean McHenry February 20th, 2006 08:52 AM

And, in keeping with the idea of being DV, as in Digital Video, not the Mini"DV" format, you can shoot HDV, or DigiBeta, or HD as it's all Digital Video. Lorinda is right, it's the story and it's telling that count.

In fact, what really might be fun is to get the folks on the Cinematography.com forums in a challenge. You know - the dreaded film vs video grudge.

Since I'm on both forums now (I bought a Super 8 camera), might be fun.

I have a ton of stuff happening with screenings, casting calls for a few music videos I 'm taking on and as of last week, I'm doing a SFX treatment for a documentary open, blah, blah, blah.

I'll always make room for a quick DVChallenge shoot. Bring it on.

Sean