DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   The DV Challenge (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/dv-challenge/)
-   -   How we are judging DVC5 + Prize! (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/dv-challenge/62200-how-we-judging-dvc5-prize.html)

Dylan Couper March 5th, 2006 11:16 PM

How we are judging DVC5 + Prize!

For kicks, I decided to let as many people enter DVC5 as were interested. This means, having to change judging methods.

I think we'll do the same as DVC4, every person who submits a film, also gets to submit a vote for their top 3 favorite films. 1-2-3. I'll run a points total, (3 for 1st, 2 for 2nd...) and the one with the most points wins.

As far as putting the films out, just so people aren't too bogged down every day (as we might have 30 completed films given a 50% Wall Of Shame rate) then we'll probably do 4 or 5 films each day until we run out, followed by the voting.

There will be a prize, donated by Guy Cochran, our sponsor at www.dvestore.com just confirming it before it is anounced.

Cheers!

Andrew Todd March 5th, 2006 11:23 PM

im voting for myself!! just kidding.. just found out im movng in a week.. that might force me onto the wall of shame for my first attempt.. unless of course the theme this time is about moving :)

Dylan Couper March 5th, 2006 11:36 PM

Oh yeah, and you can't vote for yourself. :)

Plus, unless you've worked in the figure skating world, no vote trading! The internet is a small small world...

Lorinda Norton March 5th, 2006 11:39 PM

Vote trading? Sorry to be so dumb, but what is that? Like soliciting?

Dylan Couper March 5th, 2006 11:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lorinda Norton
Vote trading? Sorry to be so dumb, but what is that? Like soliciting?

Soliciting? The Tijuana police I bribed said that would never get out!

Psstt.... Lorinda, I'll vote for you if you vote for me! Or better yet, we'll all vote for Bradley, then split the certificate in tenths and sell them on Ebay!

Lorinda Norton March 5th, 2006 11:44 PM

Criminy. Now, THAT'S dumb!

Thanks, DC. :)

Bradley L Marlow March 6th, 2006 05:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dylan Couper
Psstt.... Lorinda, I'll vote for you if you vote for me! Or better yet, we'll all vote for Bradley, then split the certificate in tenths and sell them on Ebay!

Dylan...I'll vote for Lorinda, she can vote for me, I'll send you a nice Dylan scotch bribe, you can slip me a few extra points and we'll be in like flynn! YES!

PS: Lorinda- ("Know the best way to make a small fortune in video production? Start with a large one!") Ok....ah...I am starting with a very large one-now what?

Lorinda Norton March 6th, 2006 08:26 PM

(exasperated tone) Someday……..someday, Brad Marlow, you will push me too far….. (tone off) :)

That’s actually a Bluegrass saying --at least they lay claim to it. Leave it to a video guy from Wyoming to, oh.....never mind! ;)

Bradley L Marlow March 6th, 2006 09:48 PM

eh.....eh.....eh..... (snort - push - nudge - nudge)

Bluegrass people laying things too!?! Sheesh! Hmmm. I best do some geek research, sign up for THAT website and see what comes of it.