How's the progress? - Page 13 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > The Archives > The DV Challenge
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

The DV Challenge
An organized theme-based competition where Content is King!

Old April 4th, 2006, 09:05 PM   #181
Major Player

...but I could be kidding...eh, eh, eh.
Bradley L Marlow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 4th, 2006, 09:15 PM   #182
Wrangler

Ooooooooh!!!!!

So I logged off and called this big ape to commiserate and see if I could help....only to find out he was kidding! *smoke curling up from the top of my head*

Just remember, Brad: "Hell hath no fury like a woman scorned." ....or tricked, as the case may be! ;)
Old April 4th, 2006, 09:38 PM   #183
Wrangler

you can finish mine for me, lorinda! i am beginning to loathe it.

except i need a deep resonant man-voice to do the V/O. having trouble finding one. may have to get my friend patrick drunk and make him promise to help me.

any deep resonant man-voices out there in colorado who will help me? i'm desperate! the guy i thought i had lined up is not available....
Meryem Ersoz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 4th, 2006, 09:41 PM   #184
Major Player

What are the chances we can delay his flight so we have another week? After reviewing my film for the 98th time. I want to shoot some new scenes and re-edit.

This is my first "Drama". I've learned a ton of stuff in the process. But most of all, my story started to solidify at the end, unfortunately I already shot most of my stuff. Now that I've had a chance to "reflect" on my endeavor, I'd like to start over. does this happen to everyone? anyway, I'm serious about delaying his return home. does anyone know what airline he's flying on and the date he's supposed to return?
Michael Fossenkemper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 5th, 2006, 07:35 AM   #185
Regular Crew

Yikes

I happen to be the star on my film. After watching the film I have decided that I am really, really bad at acting. :(
Scott Cozad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 5th, 2006, 10:27 AM   #186
Wrangler

Now, Scott, you sound just like my son! He was so disappointed when he saw himself on this latest movie.

You've heard countless times about people being their own worst critics; it's true. I'd be willing to bet we'll all think you did a great job!

Say, Meryem, if you get really desperate I know a resonant baritone over here who would be available to take directions by phone, record, and then I'd email the files to you! We'd sure have to hurry!!! :)
Old April 5th, 2006, 02:29 PM   #187
New Boot

Well, I have shot footage maybe a week ago with my partner. problems:

-I have not shot footage till a week ago, and therefore with midterms and the process I am working on this time (which involves creating a story in the editing), I will not be able to put forth the strongest piece.
-My computer, too slow to render the realtime effects that I have been messing with, which involve heavy use of a crushed black filter and light rays and flashes.
-I don't know the footage like I should, which is where I get a real grasp on the story. especially in this new method without a script

What you can expect from me:
-A first draft of whatever, which will just be messing around with flow and the footage
-A halfway halfway decent picture due to cheap hosting through youtube.

I am honestly making a tentitive use of this piece later on, but feel it'll take maybe 4-5 weeks to really develop and then another 3 to master it. I was using this project as a means to shoot with a dancer anyways, and try a different method without a script ...which I actually have done with another piece, called the clown, which here is a link to that:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=sPemYOTYk8A

itsa fine, itll go in my portfolio when I finally finish it. even though you all will get the dirty end of the stick here.
Christopher Ruiz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 5th, 2006, 02:30 PM   #188
New Boot

Also, here is some test footage from the reflections piece:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=rREe8zqlVKI
Christopher Ruiz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 5th, 2006, 03:38 PM   #189
Major Player

Well, I'm finished mine - I just have to export it and find a site to host it.
Andrew Khalil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 5th, 2006, 03:40 PM   #190
Wrangler

thanks for the offer, lorinda! man, you all are the best! send up a cry in the wilderness, and the offers pour in. what a great community!

i think i have a line on the vocal stylings which i hope works out. guest-starring one of dvinfo's own! wish us luck!
Meryem Ersoz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 5th, 2006, 04:33 PM   #191
Regular Crew

Yikes

Thanks for the lift, Lorinda. The only problem is that I have already quit my day job. :)
Scott Cozad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 5th, 2006, 09:54 PM   #192
Major Player

Damn, blast - I need to get more organised next time.
Having delayed due to 'actor' availability, and then hesitating due to strong wind (waiting for that elusive window), we missed what is probably the last opportunity to film anything dry. And I'm not risking my precious camera in the rain. I'll just have to blue/green screen it if need be. Or hopefully have a non-rainy night and do it as a night scene - will still work just with issues.

Either that or I'm pulling out some 'stock' footage of mine and getting the actors to do a modified voiceover - if I get desperate enough. I've got the basic event, just a different context. And the number of people around doesn't match - maybe vignette them out, it is a flashback after all, and the character has some screws loose ;-)

Although now I'm starting to get ideas for other ways around it, dark and ambiguous may work if the audio works. Time running out, but it's not called a challenge for nothing.
Andrew Hood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 6th, 2006, 01:09 AM   #193
Regular Crew

Well looks like i won't be getting my entry done :(
Haven't been able to find any actors.... oh well
Phillip Jackson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 6th, 2006, 11:48 AM   #194
Major Player

I'm pretty much done, except for a bit of audio mastering and transition touch-ups. We're having a big premiere party on Saturday with all the Saskatoon people who entered.
Old April 6th, 2006, 03:55 PM   #195
Major Player

And that's the end of that! Movie's done, files are compressed and uploaded (Windows Media 7 and 9, for compatibility and file size), email's been sent, now I get to sit back and listen to some kickin' tunes!

Can't wait to see how many entries there are, and start watchin' 'em all.
Robert Martens is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > The Archives > The DV Challenge