DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   The DV Challenge (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/dv-challenge/)
-   -   How many finished DVC5? (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/dv-challenge/64708-how-many-finished-dvc5.html)

Sean McHenry April 9th, 2006 04:58 PM

How many finished DVC5?

OK, we had tons of folks in at the onset. I was wondering how many finished and submitted something? I got it together and sent a link to a finished video about 15 minutes before the deadline - 2:45am here in Ohio. I even like it.

So, show of hands, who finished?

Andrew Khalil April 9th, 2006 05:06 PM

I finished and I like my video as well and I probably wouldn't have done it if it weren't for the contest, so I'm glad I signed up for it and I look foreward to future ones.

Mark Utley April 9th, 2006 05:10 PM

I finished. I was mostly done this past Monday but kept doing minor touch-ups until Saturday afternoon.

Hugo Pinto April 9th, 2006 05:14 PM

I did NOT finish this one! :(

I was seriously thinking of a 30-sec shot of Lisbon reflecting from the river (your same idea, Sean), but decided against it, since hitting the wall actually gives me enought disgrace to push me into doing something to be proud of in DVC#6.

Life goes one. I'm very curious to see what you people came up with!

Hugo

Chris Barcellos April 9th, 2006 05:20 PM

Submitted mine on Friday.

I sent my links to email on Friday. A couple hours later went back to email, and saw it was bounced back for bad address. Just readdressed it.

This is first competition, and I learned a lot about how things should have been done......

Kris Holodak April 9th, 2006 05:28 PM

I finished and had fun doing it. My "talent" was better behaved than I expected, and I got good practice on some new gear. So I'd say it was successful over all.

Edward Slonaker April 9th, 2006 05:35 PM

I finished, uploaded, and sent the e-mail last Sunday. My first DVC and I'm anxious to see the other entries. Good luck, folks!

Robert Martens April 9th, 2006 05:36 PM

I'll add my name to the list; finished my endless nudging, tweaking, and massaging on Friday, spent a few hours encoding and reencoding the file to see what settings I liked best, and submit the links toward the end of the day. I've been fidgeting ever since.

Glad to say I've finally completed something for once, especially something with audio (I did one other little movie in 2004, but screwed up the initial audio recording; meant to go back and add sound effects and music, but never did). I've been here since, what, June 2003? So a few months shy of three years and God only knows how many thousands of dollars (I've saved all my receipts, might be interesting to add it all up) later, I finally did what I meant to do in the first place. Talk about over schedule.

Mitchell Stookey April 9th, 2006 05:53 PM

Began shooting Friday at 8:00 p.m., finished editing by Saturday at 8:00 p.m. so I still had time to go out for drinks! Haha, start to finish in 24 hours, just my style.

Meryem Ersoz April 9th, 2006 06:08 PM

finished. not too shabby. not as perfect as i'd like, imagistically speaking. great voice-over though.....

Mike Teutsch April 9th, 2006 06:11 PM

My only good plot stepped on the toes of some friends here, so I just decided to sit this one out. Not going to do a bad one, just to stay off of the wall!

Hang me high!

Mike

Michael Fossenkemper April 9th, 2006 06:55 PM

finished too.

Tyler Baptist April 9th, 2006 06:58 PM

I also finished. And out of the whole month we had to get this done I had only ONE day I could possibly film because of work. I worked 32 days in a row, and it was fun......

Dick Mays April 9th, 2006 07:07 PM

Finished shooting and editing a week ago, but played around with Quicktime rendering till last Friday. I've liked all my films, but this is the first one my wife liked. Hope ya'll like it too!

Bradley L Marlow April 9th, 2006 07:09 PM

I'm finished too. Completed 04/05/06 and am pleased with how it turned out. Especially given the fact that this was my first creation where I had absolutely no cast or crew. Difficult-but a blast!

Even had some time to be involved in another great short film-very exciting!

Mike T. - I'm surprised by your comment about "stepping on toes". Did you personally like your plot?

Sean M. - Great job finishing! Was pulling for you last night to "git 'er done!"

PS: I'm going to estimate that 28 people finished.

Congratulations everone!

Best wishes~
Bradley