DV Challenge Friends - Page 2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > The Archives > The DV Challenge
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

The DV Challenge
An organized theme-based competition where Content is King!

Old June 29th, 2006, 11:26 PM   #16
Wrangler

Oh, Dick...

I just got home from a five-day trip and found this heartbreaking post from you. I am so very sorry about your sweet son.

You are correct; even though we've never met face-to-face, I feel like we're friends--we've sure laughed together, and I think it's only fitting that we go through sad times together, as well. I'm just sorry that you are having to go through this sadness.

You've certainly been a blessing to me and to lots of folks here. You and your family will be in my prayers.

Last edited by Lorinda Norton; June 30th, 2006 at 12:05 AM.
Lorinda Norton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 30th, 2006, 01:07 AM   #17
Wrangler

Dick,

We are your extended family. Not just the DV challenge folks, but all of us here at DVINFO.NET.

Even though I haven't entered in any DVC (partly because I am a mod here), I want to tell you that I am truly remorseful at seeing news such as this. All we can really do for you since we are stretched around the globe is put your family into our thoughts and prayers.

May you and those closest to you take comfort that our collective 'virtual' arms are outstretched to embrace your family in this time of grief.

Perhaps in a few days you can print this thread out for your family to read as well.

Peace be with you,

Greg Boston
Greg Boston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 30th, 2006, 05:14 AM   #18
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by E. Patric Coker
He was only with us for 72 days and though the world went on as if nothing was happening,
Patric, you went through an even tougher experience.
And you are right, the world does seem to go on.

Most of us have experienced the loss of a loved one. And it does seem like a big, unfeeling world out there sometimes. I think it is only our friends that keep us sane on this little island called earth.

Enough maudlin reflection! Bring on DVC!
Dick Mays is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 30th, 2006, 08:49 AM   #19
Trustee

Dick, I too have nothing I can say that would reflect the feelings we all have over something like this. Some people question their religious values, some hold them tighter. All I can say is that you should remember you have friends and have their warmth and support to help in times like these.

Honestly, I feel powerless to help with situations dealing with loss. I just don't have the words to make it better. Just realize we are all pulling for you and your family.

My best to you and the family,

Sean McHenry

http://www.DeepBlueEdit.com
Sean McHenry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 30th, 2006, 09:10 AM   #20
Trustee

Mr Mays:

Losing a child is a parent's worst nightmare. The most devastating experience a mother and father can have. Although I have no children, I have seen, first hand, through my work, what it can do. I hope to God never to see such a thing again and I pray that everybody here never experiences this. Ever. Our children are supposed to bury us at a ripe old age. Not the other way around.

Mr. Mays, I am sorry for your loss. May your grief be short and may your family swiftly know success, great abundance and happiness from this point forward.

God Bless You.
Old June 30th, 2006, 11:10 AM   #21
Major Player

Dick, Patrick,

I don't really like to talk about my private life, but after almost losing my second daughter, I can understand the ordeal you both have gone through.

Without going into details, the doctor said that if I had not brought my wife at that time, I might have lost our child and wife during birth.

Both are fine but it was agony during labor and the weeks following the birth.

I am glad to see that member's of DVinfo, who may have never met other besides this forum, are there for members. It's great to see support for you both.

Everyone deals with their pains differently, but realize that you have friends here and they are like family.
John Kang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 30th, 2006, 11:45 AM   #22
Regular Crew

Dick, I am very sorry to hear of your loss. My wife and I lost our first child at birth. He would have been have been 16 years old next month. What should have been the happiest of moments was turned completely upside down. I remember feeling as if someone had just kicked the wind out of me. It was difficult. Time has healed my wound somewhat, but it has not gone away completey. My son is always with me.

As E Patric said, I honor my him by being the best man I can be. I also promised myself that I would be the best father possible to my future children. While I am not a perfect person, I believe I have accomplished both of those goals. I now have two daughters.

My thoughts are with you and you family.

Last edited by Scott Cozad; June 30th, 2006 at 02:53 PM. Reason: Correction
Scott Cozad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 1st, 2006, 09:36 AM   #23
Regular Crew

Deepest Condolences. children are our most precious asset. I too, sometimes take mine for granted.
Bruce Broussard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 1st, 2006, 10:03 AM   #24
Regular Crew

Dick,

My condolences to your family and I hope that you recover from this tragedy. I look forward to seeing your next DVC submission, untill then god bless you and your family.
Shervin Mandgaryan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 2nd, 2006, 06:40 AM   #25
Major Player

Dick,

My deepest sympathies for you and your wife's loss. I understand, too, what it's like to take life (and those closest to you) for granted and then suddenly suffer the consequences for it. It's a long and painful process, but one where you eventually come out stronger and wiser. I truly hope for the best for you both.

Kindest regards,
Ed.
www.elpilon.com
Edward Slonaker is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > The Archives > The DV Challenge