What's next? at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > The Archives > The DV Challenge
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

The DV Challenge
An organized theme-based competition where Content is King!

Old August 14th, 2006, 08:45 AM   #1
Wrangler

What's next?

DVC6 is now closed... but far from over!

Due to "real life" stuff, it will take me until this weekend before I can watch, test, and organize all the entries, so I will start posting them exactly one week from today, 4 or 5 a day, for the week (I haven't counted them yet, so 'scuse my math). Once they have all been screened, I will announce the top finalists and then group judging will commence to determine the winner as we have done in the past, but including only the finalists.

Any questions?
Old August 14th, 2006, 09:25 AM   #2
Regular Crew

This is my first time entering a DVC - I think I'll be chewing on the furniture all week in anticipation!

-j
Jay Silver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 14th, 2006, 09:31 AM   #3
Wrangler

oh yes, this is the part where dylan tortures all the contestants!

just look at him twirling his moustache and chuckling his monstrous chuckle.
Meryem Ersoz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 14th, 2006, 09:39 AM   #4
Major Player

coming up with an idea is the hardest part. Then when you think all of the anxiety is behind you, you have the wait. One week of wait... uuhhhgg. Then after that you have the vote... uuhhggg. But i'm learning to be patient. rendering video is teaching me that.
Michael Fossenkemper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 14th, 2006, 09:40 AM   #5
Trustee

OK, back from an hour's rest, (did you know that sleeping for only one-hour after being up for 24 is like not sleeping at all? -Go ahead, try it! All you have to do is sign up for one of these contests...)

Oh Boy. Did we set ourselves up or what? I'm afraid to go back and take that 'second look' are my creation. Maybe I should get TWO-hours of sleep... man, I feel dizzy... I've been staring at this screen for....EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
Old August 14th, 2006, 12:10 PM   #6
Regular Crew

Watching video render, watching paint dry (or grass grow), or waiting the one week till anything happens with this contest... I can't decide which one is more fun. At least I get to sleep during this week.
Bruce Broussard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 14th, 2006, 12:34 PM   #7
New Boot

So how much do I get penalized if a new slew of forum members (with account names that suspiciously match the credits at the end of my short) suddenly start voting in favor of my undeserving film? ;)
Justin Jesselli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 14th, 2006, 12:50 PM   #8
Regular Crew

Justin, I think only the people who submitted films can cast a vote. That said, maybe we should open it up to the general forum for a "people's choice" award. I wonder how many forum members watch these shorts. How would we keep people from voting multiple times though?
Eric Gan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 14th, 2006, 12:50 PM   #9
Inner Circle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin Jesselli
So how much do I get penalized if a new slew of forum members (with account names that suspiciously match the credits at the end of my short) suddenly start voting in favor of my undeserving film? ;)
I think voters are only from pool of participants. No film, no vote, right Dylan ?
Old August 14th, 2006, 12:52 PM   #10
Inner Circle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Barcellos
I think voters are only from pool of participants. No film, no vote, right Dylan ?
That is right!
Old August 14th, 2006, 02:17 PM   #11
Trustee

Mr. Couper,
Could you perhaps post a listing of the entrants as I think we have done in the past. That would be our way of confirming that you in fact got our e-mails and links without having to write each one of us individually.

I'm never sure if you got mine or not.

A note for the rest of us, if you haven't yet looked at my last short "Cat Fight at OK and Corral", please feel free to look it over and leave comments on Google. You can find the link to it on my site. See the sig below. If you folks have other shorts posted someplace, lets hear about it. maybe start another thread to put links to your stuff so we have something to watch while we wait this week out.

Thanks D.,

Sean

http://www.DeepBlueEdit.com
Sean McHenry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 14th, 2006, 02:27 PM   #12
Inner Circle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sean McHenry
Mr. Couper,
Could you perhaps post a listing of the entrants as I think we have done in the past. That would be our way of confirming that you in fact got our e-mails and links without having to write each one of us individually.

I'm never sure if you got mine or not.

A note for the rest of us, if you haven't yet looked at my last short "Cat Fight at OK and Corral", please feel free to look it over and leave comments on Google. You can find the link to it on my site. See the sig below. If you folks have other shorts posted someplace, lets hear about it. maybe start another thread to put links to your stuff so we have something to watch while we wait this week out.

Thanks D.,

Sean
Sean,

There is already a thread, and you are there on it.

http://www.dvinfo.net/conf/showthread.php?t=73562

Mike
Old August 14th, 2006, 04:41 PM   #13
Regular Crew

Okay, Sean - I'll go first.

http://www.zirk.brickfilms.com/zirkmovies.html

Most of my posted stuff is stop-motion animation (my DVC #6 entry was my first attempt at live-action direction) but there is one live-actioner on the page, The Strange Adventurers, that I shot, edited and did effects on behalf of a friend of mine.

I believe I've posted both The Strange Adventurers and Kong shorts in the "Show Your Work" section before so some of you may have already seen them.

-j
Jay Silver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 14th, 2006, 05:39 PM   #14
Regular Crew

What the, Jay I didn't know you visit these forums. I entered in the contest as well, good luck. :)

For everyone else, here is a link to my website which has some of the more recent short films I created. The latest one 'Carl', isn't really good, I didn't know what the hell I was doing. Some stop motion in there as well.

http://users.eastlink.ca/~jtomchuk/

This is a good idea because I found myself looking for other people's work to see what I am up against.
Justin Tomchuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 14th, 2006, 10:25 PM   #15
Wrangler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Barcellos
You got it. Thanks Chris!

Sean... What Mike said. Psst... get those eyes checked... :)

Jay, polish the furniture with lemon Pledge before chewing, it'll give your breath a tasty kick that your girlfriend will enjoy.

Meryem................ it's like you know me so well.. :)

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > The Archives > The DV Challenge