DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   The DV Challenge (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/dv-challenge/)
-   -   What Happened? (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/dv-challenge/73579-what-happened.html)

James Huenergardt August 14th, 2006 10:10 AM

What Happened? (Dylan, please read)

Dylan,

I sent my entry in around 7:30pm PDT yesterday using the 'thedvchallenge@hotmail.com' email address as you indicated.

When you posted around 10pm the entries thus far, my name wasn't on there, so I sent it in again from two different email accounts.

Now this morning, my name does not show up on your list of entries.

I'm just trying to figure out what's going on.

Thanks man,

Jim

Dick Mays August 14th, 2006 05:17 PM

Jim,

No offense, but look at your last name.

Dylan probably thought it was French, and you know how English speaking Canadians feel about the French...

Peter Ferling August 14th, 2006 05:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dick Mays
Jim,

Dylan probably thought it was French, and you know how English speaking Canadians feel about the French...

Well, there goes my odds in winning this...

Alex Thames August 14th, 2006 06:43 PM

Hey, well, I had a friend who helped act in my short to send the link to Dylan and Dylan put his my friend's name on the list of received films instead of mine.

Dylan Couper August 14th, 2006 10:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by James Huenergardt
Dylan,

I sent my entry in around 7:30pm PDT yesterday using the 'thedvchallenge@hotmail.com' email address as you indicated.

When you posted around 10pm the entries thus far, my name wasn't on there, so I sent it in again from two different email accounts.

Now this morning, my name does not show up on your list of entries.
I'm just trying to figure out what's going on.
Thanks man,
Jim

Taken care of via email, you are in! Good luck!

Dylan Couper August 14th, 2006 10:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dick Mays
Jim,

Actually, I don't think Huenergardt is French, is it? And the only reason we hate les Quebecois is because they have the winningest team in hockey and the rest of us puckheads are jealous.

Karl Heiner August 15th, 2006 12:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dylan Couper
Actually, I don't think Huenergardt is French, is it? And the only reason we hate les Quebecois is because they have the winningest team in hockey and the rest of us puckheads are jealous.

let me help you out guys,

thats more german then french, and you could translate it into:

chicken guard

greetings

James Huenergardt August 15th, 2006 12:48 AM

Yes Karl, it is German, however, I think it originated in Holland and somehow my 'ancestors' moved to Germany.

And yes, I have a big rooster on my family crest. That's what it means.

Thanks for taking care of it Dylan. I was freaking out that my first entry and all my work were for naught.

Take care,

Jim

Michael Fossenkemper August 15th, 2006 09:10 AM

Hey, How come I don't have a family crest?

Dick Mays August 15th, 2006 09:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by James Huenergardt
And yes, I have a big rooster on my family crest.

We don't have family crest down here in Georgia. But I used to have a big rooster on my front porch. But the fox ate 'em.

Michael Fossenkemper August 15th, 2006 10:07 AM

No crest, no rooster, no fox. I don't have any of these things. I feel so small.

Ok, how many more days till the videos?

Lorinda Norton August 15th, 2006 11:02 AM

My family crest is in the bathroom next to the sink. (C'mon...somebody had to say it!)

Michael, we should come up with a way to entertain ourselves while we wait. Too bad we can't post little teasers for our movies. :)

Michael Fossenkemper August 15th, 2006 12:20 PM

Lorinda, we can have a completely seperate contest in where we make videos of how we are waiting for the videos. wait, just thought about that, doesn't sound so good.

So your video is that good? Lorinda is one of those shooters that just kind of hangs around quietly and doesn't say too much, and then BAM. Hits you with a video that makes your legs wobble.

Jay Silver August 15th, 2006 12:33 PM

I've said that myself but she denies it. Modesty, I guess.

-j

Michael Fossenkemper August 15th, 2006 12:35 PM

She's like a Ninja.