DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   The DV Challenge (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/dv-challenge/)
-   -   Reviewing entries this weekend (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/dv-challenge/73876-reviewing-entries-weekend.html)

Dylan Couper August 18th, 2006 08:45 PM

Reviewing entries this weekend

Just so you guys know, I'll be going over all the entries this weekend., so keep your eyes peeled for mail from me in case there is any problems with your films.

D

Mugurel Dragusin August 19th, 2006 06:59 AM

huh :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dylan Couper
... so keep your eyes peeled ...

D

I think most of us already done that since a while ago :)

Mike Teutsch August 19th, 2006 07:02 AM

Let's see, one shot per movie, so put mine toward the bottom of the stack. It will look much better by then!

Good luck Dylan,

Mike

Alex Thames August 19th, 2006 12:36 PM

Hey Dylan, I emailed you a link from video google, but it turns out that google somehow changed the aspect ratio from 16:9 to 4:3, mind if I re-render and try to get a 16:9 ratio up? You can check the film against each other to see that nothing has been changed other than aspect ratio.

Sean McHenry August 19th, 2006 03:06 PM

If I counted right, there are 31 entries? At 3 minutes per, that's 93 minutes or a full length feature.

Someone with lots of time on their hands should write out a script that's feature length, chop it up and pass out the scenes to everyone who entered. We all shoot the scenes we are given with people and props that are available to us. We send them all in to someone with an editing system, (I volunteer) and slap that Frankenstein Film together.

In fact, that's a great title for the type of film we could call it. I think it would be interesting to see. I had that other idea about giving everyone a simple scene to shoot and letting everyone do exactly the same scene to see how they shoot it but nobody ever really got involved.

If I did a script for a simple scene, would anyone be willing, given a break from DVCs, to attempt this?

Maybe I'll start a thread on this idea again.

Dylan is in for a long weekend.

Sean

Peter Ferling August 19th, 2006 03:16 PM

Great Idea

Sean, that's a great idea! It's much easier working on a single scene, and doable when considering conflicts with a day job.

Kris Holodak August 19th, 2006 03:51 PM

Start a thread Sean, I'd sign up for that.

Dylan Couper August 19th, 2006 07:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alex Thames
Hey Dylan, I emailed you a link from video google, but it turns out that google somehow changed the aspect ratio from 16:9 to 4:3, mind if I re-render and try to get a 16:9 ratio up? You can check the film against each other to see that nothing has been changed other than aspect ratio.

Yep, that's fine Alex.

Dennis Khaye August 19th, 2006 07:23 PM

Quote:

Someone with lots of time on their hands
Actually, that will be me in two days. I don't mind writing it but I think we'd all enjoy it more if we brainstormed it all together yes?

Bruce Broussard August 19th, 2006 08:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sean McHenry
If I counted right, there are 31 entries?
Sean

Hey Sean, That is a pretty cool idea. I am willing to participate. I bet you could get about 10-15 to do it. Anytime I am shooting, I am happy, so lets go!

William Gardner August 19th, 2006 08:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sean McHenry
If I did a script for a simple scene, would anyone be willing, given a break from DVCs, to attempt this?

A local film festival does a 48 hour student film competition like this. Each team is given the same script and has 48 hours to complete their shot and edited version of it. The scripts often contain "blanks" to be filled in which allows each team to modify the script to make their version original. You can check out previous versions of the scripts at the link below.

Bill

http://www.bestfestamerica.com/48Hours-Scripts.html

Alex Thames August 19th, 2006 10:34 PM

Wow, that seems like a neat site. I might try some of the scripts just to get my skills down better. No more excuse for not having a script.