DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   The DV Challenge (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/dv-challenge/)
-   -   I can't believe it.... (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/dv-challenge/74314-i-cant-believe.html)

Dylan Couper August 26th, 2006 10:45 AM

I can't believe it....

I made the theme "The Sun"
AND NOT ONE OF YOU MADE A FILM WITH A FREAKIN GIRL IN A BIKINI IN IT!!!

Come ON! I'm judging the top ten on this thing and none of you figured that as a sure buy in for a shot at the finals????

I mean COME ON! I'm MEEEEEEEEEEEEE! It's like bribing a 13 year old with a Ferrari!

I don't know what else to say. I'm dissapointed in all of you.

;)

Anyway, congrats to everyone who succeeded in getting their film together, I'm proud of all of you. Unfortunately, I have to be more proud of only ten of you, and that is tricky. I've narrowed it down to the top 14, but now I've got to cut 4 more people from the finals. Time to do some re-watching. I'll post the top ten tomorrow or Monday and let you start voting.

D

Mike Teutsch August 26th, 2006 11:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dylan Couper

Come ON! I'm judging the top ten on this thing and none of you figured that as a sure buy in for a shot at the finals????

I mean COME ON! I'm MEEEEEEEEEEEEE! It's like bribing a 13 year old with a Ferrari!

I don't know what else to say. I'm dissapointed in all of you.

;)

Anyway, congrats to everyone who succeeded in getting their film together, I'm proud of all of you. Unfortunately, I have to be more proud of only ten of you, and that is tricky. I've narrowed it down to the top 14, but now I've got to cut 4 more people from the finals. Time to do some re-watching. I'll post the top ten tomorrow or Monday and let you start voting.

D

Ha ha! I actually had that in the plan for my first version, but with only 3 minutes to work with I had to revise. I could send you some nice links though!!!!!! :)

Mike

Michael Fossenkemper August 26th, 2006 12:33 PM

well, I have a bald toothless dancer that likes to blow a whistle. Is that close enough?

William Gardner August 26th, 2006 09:39 PM

Quote:

Maybe next time you should make the theme "freakin girls in bikinis". :)

Quote:

Anyway, congrats to everyone who succeeded in getting their film together, I'm proud of all of you. Unfortunately, I have to be more proud of only ten of you, and that is tricky. I've narrowed it down to the top 14, but now I've got to cut 4 more people from the finals.

You could always have 14 finalists. Nothing special about the number 10 if 14 are worthy...

Just my 2 cents,
Bill

Peter Ferling August 26th, 2006 11:05 PM

Hey, watch it, some of us are married... I don't think my wife would have approved.

Sean McHenry August 26th, 2006 11:05 PM

And while a 13 year old may love the idea of a Ferrari, I'm pretty sure he (or she) won't know how to drive it.

I have NO idea what that means but I'm pretty sure I'm right on that.

So I hear DVC7 is going to be "girls in freakin' bikinis"? It's going to be cold out by then. That makes it a real challenge for everyone. I suppose in the interest of fairness we should put a few guys in Speedos in too then eh? Don't want to leave the ladies out there in the cold by themselves. A couple of guys in G-strings out to keep the number of challengers down on the next one I should think. Might make it a little scary to be a judge too.

Sorry we missed the clues. : )

Sean

Dick Mays August 27th, 2006 06:05 AM

First draft of Mandy's letter, she was sunbathing instead of jogging.
However, it was raining the day we had to shoot.

The wisdom of shooting a bikini shot of 17 year old, who is currently living with us, is highly questionable. My lawyer would advise against it.

But hey, I still gave you a shower scene!

Dylan Couper August 27th, 2006 09:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dick Mays
The wisdom of shooting a bikini shot of 17 year old, who is currently living with us, is highly questionable. My lawyer would advise against it.

But hey, I still gave you a shower scene!

Don't think I didn't appreciate that!
Actually, I thought "I wonder if he's doing that just for me..."
Seriously. :)

Michael Fossenkemper August 27th, 2006 10:50 AM

I wish we had more shorts to watch. it's a miserable rainy day in NYC and i'm bored.

Lorinda Norton August 27th, 2006 10:58 AM

Last challenge some of us posted outtake reels. I'm working on one right now. Would it help with your rainy day boredom if we did that again? :)

Michael Fossenkemper August 27th, 2006 11:02 AM

Oh yes. That is what the doctor ordered.

Lorinda Norton August 27th, 2006 11:27 AM

Okay, but actually, I just started it--could be a while. And others might not have them available yet, either, so maybe you should show us some stuff you didn't use, hmm? Bet it's pretty and interesting. Because I've only driven through Central Park one time (and it wasn't teeming w/people like that) I sure wouldn't mind seeing more.

Michael Fossenkemper August 27th, 2006 01:14 PM

ok, i'm done with my out takes. i'll upload it and post a link.

Lorinda Norton August 27th, 2006 01:18 PM

Man! Buddy, you are fast. I'm still cuttin' over here! But I'll hurry...

Dennis Khaye August 27th, 2006 02:16 PM

What a good idea, why didn't I do this while I was hitting the refresh button all last week. LOL