DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   The DV Challenge (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/dv-challenge/)
-   -   DVC6 top films (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/dv-challenge/74414-dvc6-top-films.html)

Dylan Couper August 28th, 2006 12:48 PM

DVC6 top films

Notice I didn't say top ten? I couldn't do it. I wish there could have been a top... well... whatever... anyway, it was either the top 13 or the top 5, and I didn't want to make more enemies than I had to.

How to vote (my method):
Give a score out of 10 for production value, and a score out of 10 for story/use of the theme (5pts ea). Add em up, highest wins.
If in doubt, good use of theme always wins.

After re-watching these, please email your top three favorites, in order 1-2-3 to thedvchallenge@hotmail.com with the subject DVC6 votes. Remember, you only get to vote if you actually completed a film.

Cheers to those who made it, and to those who didn't... hey, put down those letter bombs, don't blame me... Blame to people who made the top 10, I'm more than happy to provide their home addresses! ;)

Here we go in no order at all:
Bruce Broussard “Spontaneity”
Pete Ferling “PLAN B”
Jeff Tyler "Dog Days"
Lorinda Norton “Mirage”
Sean McHenry “Bent Rays”
Dennis Kahye “Allegory Of The Cave”
Jay Silver “The Bright Side”
Bill Gardner “Sun Burns”
James Huenergardt “Fresh Baked”
Colton Davie “Striving After Wind”
Darryl Ahye “Face the Problem”
Andrew Hood “Brand New Day”
Dick Mays “Mandy’s Letter”

Chris Barcellos August 28th, 2006 01:21 PM

All great choices, but when do we get to see yours ?

Michael Fossenkemper August 28th, 2006 02:00 PM

All great shorts. Hmmmm. now comes the voting part. this is going to be a tough one.

Dylan, where's your's????

Dennis Khaye August 28th, 2006 02:21 PM

That's a joke right? You don't make enemies doing this do you?

Chris Barcellos August 28th, 2006 02:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dennis Khaye
That's a joke right? You don't make enemies doing this do you?

Well,,,, if you hadn't made the list, there would have been an invitation to a secret society.....the "DVC Losers"..... and well, you'll never know now....:)

Michael Fossenkemper August 28th, 2006 03:08 PM

I got my invitation.

Dylan Couper August 28th, 2006 04:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chris Barcellos
All great choices, but when do we get to see yours ?

Just been swamped with stuff. Leaving on a business trip the day after tomorrow so I might not have time to post it until I get back.

Jay Silver August 28th, 2006 05:38 PM

A few questions - keep in mind I haven't done this before:

- Should it be a rule that you can't vote for your own movie?

- When does the voting close? (Obviously, when everyone has cast their vote but I mean in case of an abstention or some other reason.)

-j

Lorinda Norton August 28th, 2006 05:45 PM

It's a rule: People can't vote for their own movie.

The other is a tad more vague--usually involves Dylan telling the slackers to get their votes in.

About this society, I did not receive an invitation last time. Did I miss a good party?

Michael Fossenkemper August 28th, 2006 07:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lorinda Norton

About this society, I did not receive an invitation last time. Did I miss a good party?

Nah, it involves drinking cool aid and watching arty Kazikstan films. then they have a group discussion about stupid stuff like stories and plots. The pretzels were good though.

Jeff Tyler August 28th, 2006 08:46 PM

This is really hard.

Sean McHenry August 28th, 2006 09:01 PM

What! You guys had pretzels? Man. I never get invited to the good parties.

You discussed Kazikstan art films too? Geez. You mean classics like Rashid Nugmanov’s 1988 film The Needle? Or Aprimov’s Terminus, a film depicting the absurdity of daily life in a Kazakh village?

Man (I sound like I know what I'm talking about don't I?) what lucky dogs you guys were. If it helps, I haven't actually won in a while now so maybe I could slide in the back door this year? I can't believe I'm an outcast.

I tell you all, there is one thing I really love about this place, the wonderful sense of comraderie and the sense of humor and writing styles of the folks who gather here. You guys are all good in my book.

NEVER drink the Kool-aid. Has history taught us nothing? "Fight the Power" and "Never trust anyone over 30" and the venerable "Question authority".

"Power to the people".
Sean

- good heavens I'm old -

Chris Barcellos August 28th, 2006 09:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lorinda Norton
It's a rule: People can't vote for their own movie.

The other is a tad more vague--usually involves Dylan telling the slackers to get their votes in.

Lorinda: I thought you were one of the top vote getters last time. I think you won Christmas, didn't you ? I liked that chimney flick.. You aren't bad enought for the secret society, I think..

Michael Fossenkemper August 28th, 2006 09:28 PM

No she's not. She's a veteran of the DVC. She know's the in's and outs of it.

On another high note of the DVC'ers society. It was really funny when Hacky sac leg crashed it when he came in wearing a toga. hahahaha oh the laughs.

Lorinda Norton August 28th, 2006 10:03 PM

No, Chris, I think DVC5 found "Techniques" near the bottom of the pile. That's the invitation I missed. However, if these society parties are as Michael says they are, well...um..... :)

"...discussion about stupid stuff like stories and plots." LOL!!!