DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   The DV Challenge (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/dv-challenge/)
-   -   When is the next challenge? (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/dv-challenge/76395-when-next-challenge.html)

Mike Horrigan September 28th, 2006 12:40 PM

When is the next challenge?

Just curious...

When is DV7? How often do you do this?

Thanks,

Mike

Pete Bauer September 28th, 2006 12:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mike Horrigan
when's the next challenge?

When you least expect it....muahhhahahahahahaaa.

Ahem. I dunno. Dylan seems to be pretty busy and on the road a lot this year with various projects, so I'm guessing it'll be a while. But if he's got the time, doing another one in time for Halloween would be great, eh? I think we missed that opportunity last year.

Lorinda Norton September 28th, 2006 02:55 PM

They're usually somewhere between two and three months apart. I have to confess that I'm selfishly hoping there isn't one at Halloween. I'm going to be gone Oct. 24-29!

Rob Lohman September 28th, 2006 04:47 PM

More information on sunday...

Mike Horrigan September 28th, 2006 09:32 PM

Awesome... I'm actually hoping for a Halloween one myself. It's my favourite time of year!

Lorinda, if it is a "Halloween Challenge" maybe you could get it done before you leave.

Dylan Couper September 28th, 2006 09:58 PM

I think I promised to announce something around the first of Oct. It would be typical of me to do a Halloween related one, starting Oct. 31st or so.
But then by the time it wrapped up we'd be into December, and then wouldn't really be able to do the holiday charity version we did last year (which I quite enjoyed.)

That's what is going through my head, but certainly open to suggestions.

Dennis Khaye September 29th, 2006 08:01 AM

Could we do something shorter for Halloween? Like, lets all do a 30 second commercial for some type of monster be gone product, best ad wins?

Mike Horrigan September 29th, 2006 08:48 AM

Or... best scary scene... you've got 30 seconds to 1 minute to capture it.

Although the 30 second "monster be gone" ad could be funny...

Michael Fossenkemper September 29th, 2006 08:50 AM

well we could do a halloween thingy and donate the money for a Thanksgiving charity. Or just hold the money for later. Or just do a Holiday one. That's all my brain could come up with right now. Oh wait.... nope, just a brain fart.

William Gardner September 29th, 2006 09:28 AM

If we do something Halloween-based, I think it would be cool to have us shoot in the middle of October so we could actually be watching all of the films the week of Halloween. It would be a bummer to have to watch a bunch of Halloween stuff in the middle of November. :)

Just my 2 cents,
Bill

Dick Mays September 29th, 2006 08:17 PM

Like Bill said. his two cents, so I'd throw in my 3 cents, first thing, the theme.

Okay, so like horror is a first choice, Halloween and all that.

But what if, what if we decided to have NO special effects.
(Some of us don't know how to use the competer that well and don't have after effects).

And what it, what if, we didn' tmake all that cinematography and THEME thing all that important. Instead, instead we give it a SOUTHERN theme, yeah, an exploration of Southern culture, and then we rate ACTING skill.
I mean, if you have really good acting, do you need a strong story?
Do you really need good lighting and audio if the actors are the BOMB.

JUst some of my current lucid thinking...

Dylan Couper September 29th, 2006 09:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dick Mays
And what it, what if, we didn' tmake all that cinematography and THEME thing all that important. Instead, instead we give it a SOUTHERN theme, yeah, an exploration of Southern culture, and then we rate ACTING skill.

Hmm... Good idea, but instead let's make it a VANCOUVER theme... :)

Lorinda Norton September 30th, 2006 02:24 AM

That means we'd have to go to Vancouver...

Wrap parties at Dylan's place! Let's do it!!!

;)

Michael Fossenkemper September 30th, 2006 04:41 AM

ohohohohoh. We could start the end of Oct, have 4 glorious weeks of shooting. That would put the end right smack dab in the holidays. The gloriousness of 4 sweet weeks AND the holidays all in one DVC. ahhhhhhh.

Gabriel Yeager September 30th, 2006 09:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dylan Couper
Hmm... Good idea, but instead let's make it a VANCOUVER theme... :)

Yeah! I live in Vancouver..... Washington. But I can get a ride up there! That would be a blast!