DVC7 - Wall of shame... - Page 2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > The Archives > The DV Challenge
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

The DV Challenge
An organized theme-based competition where Content is King!

Old December 18th, 2006, 05:03 PM   #16
Major Player

Edward - Steven - Richard - Philip - Lisa??? Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo! (can't you hear the echo as the voice falls into the abyss?)

I'm so sorry to see you weren't able to make it. Was really hoping to see your work again. Plus, was hoping to see Lisa's stuff too. Given that I lived in Vegas for 10 years, feel as though it is my second home.

Best wishes to all~

Bradley
Bradley L Marlow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 18th, 2006, 05:08 PM   #17
Major Player

I'm sorry too.

I was really excited for the project. When I looked at the footage last night (as i was capturing), I knew it wasn't going to pull off what I had hoped for with the time I had left (and had 3 people on the way over for something else). I'd still like to finishe the project though, I think i'll try some editing on it tonight and see if I can come up with anything workable. Even thought I missed the contest deadline, maybe i can still post it in the S.Y.W. forum.

Everything flowed so smoothly in my head, then when i was actually trying to capture it...not so smooth. Hehe.
Lisa Shofner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 18th, 2006, 06:57 PM   #18
Wrangler

Damnit, I'm out too. Was busy moving, and haven't had time to shoot or hook up my editing system. Thats two in a row for me... ghaa...
Old December 18th, 2006, 07:35 PM   #19
Major Player

Dylan???

Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!

I was really hoping to see your sick and twisted mind at work this holiday season. Bummer times two!

Best wishes~
Bradley
Old December 18th, 2006, 08:40 PM   #20
Major Player

Well, count me out, too. Helping Mike (Fossenkemper, for the record) with his movie only took the first weekend; I had the following week and this past Saturday and Sunday to do something of my own, but no dice. The only ideas that struck me were too elaborate to pull off, and getting home from work after dark every day didn't help, either. I mean really, four-thirty sunset, what's that about?

But enough excuses. I didn't do what I'd set out to do, so hang me up there with the rest of them. Thought I'd get a streak going here, so much for that.
Robert Martens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 18th, 2006, 09:34 PM   #21
Major Player

Robert too?!?? Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo (more echo than this forum allows)

Darn! I thought you and Michael were doing a single film together?!? I am probably totally confused and am sorry to hear your film won't be in this one. Was looking forward to it.

Best wishes~
Bradley
Old December 18th, 2006, 09:48 PM   #22
Major Player

Well, we did, sort of. I acted in his film, but it was his idea, his script, his camera work, his editing, his music, and so on and so forth. I tried to politely decline, but Mike insisted on giving me a co-director credit for some reason.

So since it wasn't actually my film, I felt I should add my name to the Wall of Shame list; I did have enough time to develop an idea of my own, I just couldn't get it done.
Robert Martens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 18th, 2006, 11:02 PM   #23
Major Player

Well Robert and his Dad put in enough work for 4 shorts. Seriously. I'm surprised he can still type. If he hadn't participated (acting, ideas, rigging, and all around help) it wouldn't have happened.

No bone throwing here.
Michael Fossenkemper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 21st, 2006, 12:31 PM   #24
Trustee

Looks like lot's of old timers (as far as DVCs go) have fallen into the tar pit this round. Wow. We're going to miss you but please, stick around and let us know what you think of the rest of the ones that made it.

It's about 70% for the fun of it for me. The other 30% is serious learning. Well, maybe 20% learning and 10% hanging with friends. Make that 25% hanging with friends and 5% learning. Given the alcohol consumption in editing, probably ought to make it 70% fun, 29% hanging with friends and 1% looking for filler.

Heck, it's all fun in these, but we all really do learn out limits and what works on these little beasties.

Sean

http://www.DeepBlueEdit.com
Sean McHenry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 5th, 2007, 09:35 PM   #25
Wrangler

Loved all the new blood this time around but sure missed some old friends. It’s so fun watching your movies and reading your feedback.

So, to the “vets” here who actively participate in all the entertaining conversations, like Dick, Fredrik, Edward, Richard, Jay, Philip, James—you were missed, and I trust we’ll see you next time. Wish you’d have joined in the feedback fun, anyway (though, it’s not too late). Also, to those of you who we haven’t got to know yet, plus a couple of wayward wranglers…we’ll see you next time, too. :)

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > The Archives > The DV Challenge