DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   The DV Challenge (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/dv-challenge/)
-   -   DVC7 - Wall of shame... (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/dv-challenge/81930-dvc7-wall-shame.html)

Fredrik-Larsson December 17th, 2006 04:30 AM

DVC7 - Wall of shame...

I won't be able to make my entry. Being sick, busy and lazy all had a thing to do with it. Good luck to all of you and looking forward to see your contributions.. :)

Lorinda Norton December 17th, 2006 04:48 AM

Doggone it, Fredrik--I was looking forward to your movie!

Pete Bauer December 17th, 2006 05:31 AM

Get well quickly, and don't give up quite yet. Dylan DID say the deadline would be somewhat more flexible this time...which of course is open to interpretation but I'm hoping means at least a few days!
;-)

Mike Horrigan December 17th, 2006 07:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pete Bauer
Get well quickly, and don't give up quite yet. Dylan DID say the deadline would be somewhat more flexible this time...which of course is open to interpretation but I'm hoping means at least a few days!
;-)

He also said the same thing about the time limit... ;)

I wouldn't expect a few extra days.... hours maybe. I should be finished exporting mine later today. QT is a pain though... I may have to go with .wmv

Mike

Bruce Foreman December 17th, 2006 03:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mike Horrigan
He also said the same thing about the time limit... ;)

I wouldn't expect a few extra days.... hours maybe. I should be finished exporting mine later today. QT is a pain though... I may have to go with .wmv

Mike

Maybe I just don't know enough about QT but I had to give up on it for this project. Everything I tried either resulted in a file much too large or due to compression looked like doodoo.

So I submitted in MPEG4, got a 10MB file and QT reads it.

Looking forward to seeing yours, the intros I've seen you do look great.

Fredrik-Larsson December 17th, 2006 03:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lorinda Norton
Doggone it, Fredrik--I was looking forward to your movie!

he he... always seeking a good laugh, right? ;)

Lorinda Norton December 17th, 2006 04:03 PM

LOL! You know me well...I still smile when I think about your last one. :)

Bradley L Marlow December 17th, 2006 09:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fredrik-Larsson
I won't be able to make my entry. Being sick, busy and lazy all had a thing to do with it. Good luck to all of you and looking forward to see your contributions.. :)

Fredrik?!?- Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

Bummer. Was really hoping to see your work again.

Best wishes and I hope you feel better very soon.

Bradley

Mike Horrigan December 17th, 2006 10:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bruce Foreman

Looking forward to seeing yours, the intros I've seen you do look great.

Thanks Bruce, the intro for my DV7 Challenge entry is nothing fancy, but I hope you like it. I like the look and sound of it though...

Thanks again,

Can't wait to see what you guys/gals come up with.

Mike

Steven Hoffman December 18th, 2006 09:26 AM

Sadly I was unable to get it done.

Hopefully I can finish it at a later date, but until next time, I'm Walled.

-Steve

Philip Gioja December 18th, 2006 09:48 AM

I didn't make it either - too many Christmas rush orders to finish. Maybe next time.

Edward Slonaker December 18th, 2006 11:45 AM

I'm on the wall as well. Actually had a PAYING gig to get finished. The other bright side is I'm learning After Effects while working on this thing. Looking forward to seeing the rest of 'em though. Good luck, guys!

Richard Zlamany December 18th, 2006 01:06 PM

I too, must hang my portrait on the Wall of Shame.

My video was on the memories of my cat but midway through the project I felt I should not subject you all into watching something so lame.

Maybe I was wrong. Maybe there are many cat lovers here who would enjoy a cat short.

Lisa Shofner December 18th, 2006 01:16 PM

Oh the shame

Well, it was my first time. Won't be my last, though I plan on this being my last Wall of Shame appearance.

My Excuse: Trying to work with 2 untrained animals and one untrained assistant. Got the filming done, but shots didn't turn out at all like planned and not entry material (not something I would want to show). Since I shot it sunday afternoon there was no time left to come up with a new script/shoot/edit in time.

Next time: I WILL get the video done.

Lorinda Norton December 18th, 2006 01:46 PM

Ohh....I LOVE cats!!! AND untrained animals and assistants! I'm sorry, you two--would have loved to see them. Post them on another thread later???