Congratulations to all DVC 7 entrants at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > The Archives > The DV Challenge
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

The DV Challenge
An organized theme-based competition where Content is King!

Old December 30th, 2006, 05:43 PM   #1
Major Player

Congratulations to all DVC 7 entrants

Okay,

Seriously,

this film contest still has four more films to unleash and I can hardly wait. So rather than tap my fingers on the table like some ADD kid on redbull, I figured I'd tap my fingers on my keyboard and tell everyone how impressed I am with these films. Everyone who entered did an awesome job. There are ideas that I could have never come up with, some are meaningful, others are sick and twisted, others are freaking hilarious, some might as well go straight to television.

But all of them are awesome.

I knew this would be a learning experience by forcing me to get out and finally shoot something.

But I had no idea how much I'd learn just by sitting back and watching all y'alls movies!!!

So to all entrants, including those out tomorrow...kudos.

Y'all rock. Nice work.
Brent Graham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 31st, 2006, 12:55 PM   #2
Regular Crew

Cheers to everyone!
Alex T. Hurter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 31st, 2006, 01:02 PM   #3
Major Player

and Happy New Year. These are always a total blast to make. It's really amazing how many great shorts are accomplished in such a short time and right smack in the middle of the holidays. Now where is that big group hug that Lorinda promised?
Michael Fossenkemper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 31st, 2006, 02:00 PM   #4
Inner Circle

As I posted in Dylan's Judging instruction thread, this was a tough competition to judge. It will be interesting to see how others call it.

Meantime, new nature film contest starting at DVInfo's nature filmer's forum, started by Meryem, one of the regulars at DV Challenge. Check it out at:

http://www.dvinfo.net/conf/showthread.php?t=82318
Old December 31st, 2006, 02:24 PM   #5
Wrangler

Group hug??? I don't remember promising any group hug. But hey....works for me!!!! :)
Old December 31st, 2006, 02:32 PM   #6
Major Player

Happy New Years and may you have an incredible 2007!

As always, this has been an absolute blast and I have more fun watching your films than a night of crap on the ol' tv.

Best wishes,
Bradley
Bradley L Marlow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 31st, 2006, 09:37 PM   #7
Trustee

Much of the "crap" on TV has little real imagination behind it.

I think one of the things I enjoyed the most about watching all of the submissions was experiencing others sense of imagination and perceptions. For me, the experience of jumping in and participating with the rest of you was an exhilarating feeling.

And a learning experience. This is a great bunch of folks.
Bruce Foreman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 5th, 2007, 05:20 PM   #8
Regular Crew

I just wanted to say it was really fun to see how everyone came up with a different way of exploring the theme of memories! It seemed like there was a little bit of everything...happy, sad, funny, confusing, etc. It was just really cool to see what you all did and i had a blast watching all the entries and commenting on them!

Best of luck to everyone when the votes come in! I know it was a hard decision for me and I'm sure lots of others feel the same! There were just so many good elements in so many of your films! Congratulations to everyone!
Jamey Hastings is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > The Archives > The DV Challenge