DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   The DV Challenge (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/dv-challenge/)
-   -   DV Challenge #8 - Sign Up Thread (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/dv-challenge/89338-dv-challenge-8-sign-up-thread.html)

Dylan Couper March 19th, 2007 03:54 PM

DV Challenge #8 - Sign Up Thread

Here comes number 8!

As usual, sign up by posting your intent to compete in this thread!

The contest will begin April 13th (ooh a Friday!) when I announce the theme, and will end Sunday, April 29th! That's over 2 weeks to get your film completed, not that you really need more than 48 hours, just a lot of us will be at NAB during that time. The duration may be slightly extended since you will have more time to make longer films.
Prize package to be announced soon!

Joey Taylor March 19th, 2007 04:08 PM

I'm in

Count me in.

Lisa Shofner March 19th, 2007 04:21 PM

Again...

I know, I keep entering and not submitting. I definately have a decent team and equipment to work with this time though!

I can do it.

count me in.

Chris Barcellos March 19th, 2007 04:37 PM

IRS be damned, I'm in too...

Joey Taylor March 19th, 2007 05:07 PM

Friday the 13. I wonder what could possibly be the theme....

Gabriel Yeager March 19th, 2007 05:19 PM

Wow, I should almost enter in this one due to the deadline being my B-day... Nah, I have no crew, no time, no money...
Ahh what the hay, I might as well sign up just incase.

I am in!
~Gabriel

Kris Holodak March 19th, 2007 06:08 PM

I'm crazy, but I'm in

I told myself I should pass on this one. The timing is atrocious since those are exactly the two weeks I'm scheduled to shoot the 10 minute short I'm working on. (It's a memory movie. About a month after DVC6 ended a great idea came to me, since that contest was well finished I expanded the running time and have been spending a lot of time in pre-production just to see what I can do when I'm not rushing.)

But now that I'm addicted to the challenges I can't make myself not do it. I'll just have to squeeze this in during the inevitable rain days that are likely at the end of April.

Smile,
Kris

Chuck Koonce March 19th, 2007 06:39 PM

Sure

Might have it all working by then.

Mike Horrigan March 19th, 2007 06:41 PM

I'm doing another challenge but I should be able to make time for this.

I'm in.

Cheers,

Mike

Marco Wagner March 19th, 2007 06:49 PM

I'm in, let's do it!

Jeff Hendricks March 19th, 2007 07:00 PM

In...for my first try.

Bob Thieda March 19th, 2007 08:01 PM

Knock, knock....New guy requesting entrance.....

Mind if I join ya'll???

Seems like fun and what do I have to lose?

Put me down as in!

Bob T.

Robert Martens March 19th, 2007 08:16 PM

Heck, I'll sign up; I can never pass up a chance to disappoint myself! No ideas three challenges in a row (I was so excited for the "Honour & Glory" contests, then froze up when the themes were announced), but there's no resisting the lure of a DVC, you know?

Matter of fact, come April it'll be five years since I got my camera; be nice to use it for something. I even have a fancy new location to exploit, hopefully I'll still have access to it by the time number eight starts up.

Come on Friday the 13th!

Ruth Happel March 19th, 2007 08:17 PM

Hi,

I just finished my second UWOL challenge, so will try this contest too. At least they get me actually editing my footage and shooting more video than I would otherwise. I'm even dusting off my old DAT recorder and microphones. Count me in! Thanks.

Ruth

Jamey Hastings March 19th, 2007 08:30 PM

Yay!

I'm in...can't wait!