DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   The DV Challenge (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/dv-challenge/)
-   -   DVC8 is a wrap! (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/dv-challenge/92901-dvc8-wrap.html)

Dylan Couper May 1st, 2007 10:38 AM

DVC8 is a wrap!

Ok, all done, submissions closed last night at midnight as I dragged my butt home from another week in Vegas. There are roughtly 20 entries, which I will now go over, contact the producers if there are any problems, and set to begin releasing starting Monday next week. Voting will be done by those who submitted a film, and the rules will be as usual. I will post details when I start posting the films.

So far, I've only gotten to watch a few, but have been impressed. Nice work people!

Fredrik-Larsson May 1st, 2007 11:31 AM

Uuuhh.. can't wait! :)

Only roughly 20 entries? I thought there would be a massive amount since the sign up thread has 110 posts... hopefully everybody used the new e-mail and not the old hotmail one?

Brent Graham May 1st, 2007 12:21 PM

Awesome! Another DVC without hitting the wall.

Congratulations to all who completed films.

I can't wait to see what everyone's work is like this time.

John Brickner Jr May 1st, 2007 12:57 PM

Likewise, I'm really excited to see everyone's entries. I'm sure there all going to be great.

Sean McHenry May 1st, 2007 10:23 PM

I am wondering how many people used "static" as an element in their pieces? Looking forward to seeing what everyone did with this one.

Sean

Mike Horrigan May 2nd, 2007 06:49 AM

LOL! That's what I called my teaser.

STATIC

Brent Graham May 2nd, 2007 10:01 AM

For the record...I didn't use any static in my film!

But in hindsight, it's what my film is missing!

Haha, j/k

later

Jamey Hastings May 2nd, 2007 11:05 AM

No Static in mine either...I still need to watch your teaser Mike...Did you end up finishing the video? I was totally looking forward to seeing your latest!

Dylan Couper May 2nd, 2007 11:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fredrik-Larsson (Post 670685)
hopefully everybody used the new e-mail and not the old hotmail one?

I'm still watching both, don't worry. :)

Mike Horrigan May 2nd, 2007 11:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jamey Hastings (Post 671424)
No Static in mine either...I still need to watch your teaser Mike...Did you end up finishing the video? I was totally looking forward to seeing your latest!

Sorry, no. No time. I'm working on another short and I just couldn't fit it in.

Let me know what you think of the Teaser.

I'll be looking forward to checking yours out. I'm assuming that there will be dirty clothes everywhere! ;)

Mike

Jamey Hastings May 3rd, 2007 07:41 PM

Haha sadly no dirty clothes this go 'round...although there should've been considering I didn't get to multi-task and wash them while shooting this time!

I watched your teaser...looks scary! Do you think you'll do something more with it? perhaps it'll fit into the next theme some how...like the shot of the reflection of the person with the knife in the static!

Sean McHenry May 3rd, 2007 08:04 PM

When can we look forward to the first set being released? No hurry. I think we are all still exhausted.

Sean

Dylan Couper May 3rd, 2007 08:35 PM

Monday, as usual, I will release 4 or 5 films a day, all week.
Yeehaw!

Mike Horrigan May 5th, 2007 06:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jamey Hastings (Post 672419)
Haha sadly no dirty clothes this go 'round...although there should've been considering I didn't get to multi-task and wash them while shooting this time!

I watched your teaser...looks scary! Do you think you'll do something more with it? perhaps it'll fit into the next theme some how...like the shot of the reflection of the person with the knife in the static!

I saw your mention of the laundry in your other thread... that's why I mentioned it. ;)

Thanks for the comments.

I'll probably do something more with it at a later time. Still too busy with another project.

Mike