And the winner and new DVC Champion is.... - Page 2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > The Archives > The DV Challenge

The DV Challenge
An organized theme-based competition where Content is King!

Old August 29th, 2007, 07:16 AM   #16
Trustee

Congratulations Mitchell. Well done!

BTW my congratulations to all of you on what you achieved with your entries. As always, I had a pretty good time viewing them.

Dylan,

At first I had reservations about the YouTube bit but it sure did make it a lot easier to view a lot of entries and once we get the hang of how to render, the quality is not too awful.

I think it worked for us the way you wanted it to.
Bruce Foreman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 29th, 2007, 08:25 AM   #17
Major Player

Congratulations to Mitchell for a well deserved victory.

Hope to see everybody in the next challenge!
Benjamin Durin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 29th, 2007, 09:07 AM   #18
Wrangler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard Grebby View Post
great work, it was my favorite for sure.

I was wondering, are these competitions only open for the US/Canadian group of people or can people from the UK win the prize?
Anyone can win!
The winner of DVC1 (then simply called DVC) was from New Zealand.
Old August 29th, 2007, 09:56 AM   #19
Trustee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard Grebby View Post
I was wondering, are these competitions only open for the US/Canadian group of people or can people from the UK win the prize?

Anyway, so when is the next competition?
As far as global entrants, I ran a tally to better be able to explain to a relative the scope of the DVC. By my tally in having scoped the sign-up thread, I think I was able to note 66 entrants to DVC9 (this is the number of people who posted "I'm in", or "sign me up" or the like in the weeks leading up to the Challenge. These posts originated from almost a dozen countries around the world.

It is staggering to note that in the end, there were only 21 finalists, which means over a two-thirds drop off from posted entrants...possibly for a wide variety of reasons - time crunch, creative drain, other commitments, among them.

It is indeed a Challenge.

---------

As far as winning the actual 'prize package', it may be up to participating sponsors to place stipulations on where they are willing to ship to, in context of the dollar value of their donated articles or sponsorhip parameters - shipping included. But to my knowledge, such stipulations have not yet been presented. (ie: if you win it, it will be shipped to you wherever you are.)

---------

Word on the street is that DVC10 will be announced some time around October.

-Jon
Old August 29th, 2007, 10:04 AM   #20
Regular Crew

Congratulations Mitchell.

Thanks DVinfo for the challenge. This was fun and I will definitely be looking forward to the next!

Stacy
Stacy Dudley is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > The Archives > The DV Challenge