A program to view DVC entries - Page 6 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > The Archives > The DV Challenge
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

The DV Challenge
An organized theme-based competition where Content is King!

Old February 24th, 2008, 10:23 PM   #76
Major Player

Back to business

Now that all the family is comfortably installed in a routine at home, I am ready to publish a minor update.
But since it seems the hosting at DVi will not happen, I am asking Josh if your kind offer is still valid, can you contact me via my profile please?

And thanks for the congtratulations, the baby is growing as fast as her brother.

Reminder: Tags (or keywords) needed: "thedvchallenge" and "DVC#" where # is the number for the DVC (ie, "DVC11"). Add the tag "winner" if your entry won the first place.
Benjamin Durin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 2nd, 2008, 11:02 PM   #77
Major Player

Sorry, have not kept up to date with this thread as of late, I have emailed you about hosting.
Old March 4th, 2008, 04:22 PM   #78
Regular Crew

the viewer is awesome! I only have one complaint!! my dvc 9 entry isn't listed? "...in person?"

Looks great though!
Old March 4th, 2008, 07:42 PM   #79
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesse Steele View Post
the viewer is awesome! I only have one complaint!! my dvc 9 entry isn't listed? "...in person?"

Looks great though!
Thanks Jesse!

You have one keyword right: "dvc9" and one almost right: "dvchallenge". It should be "thedvchallenge".
Old March 4th, 2008, 08:56 PM   #80
Major Player

Version 1.0 released

I finally released the new version I promised a while ago. I decided to make it a 1.0 version not because there are major changes but because Adobe released AIR 1.0.
The program should update itself automatically if you wait long enough but I couldn't properly test this. If it doesn't work, you can simply install the new version from the website where Josh is kindly hosting the DVC Entry Viewer install files (yes, he is paying the bandwith from his pocket). Thank you Josh!

And if you really have trouble installing the new version, just uninstall the previous one.

Reminder: Youtube tags (or keywords) needed: "thedvchallenge" and "DVC#" where # is the number for the DVC (ie, "DVC11"). Add the tag "winner" if your entry won the first place.

Last edited by Benjamin Durin; March 4th, 2008 at 10:17 PM.
Old March 5th, 2008, 01:06 PM   #81
Regular Crew

well blow me down ucgk ucgk ucgk....

I'll fix that!
what a doofus!
Old March 6th, 2008, 02:05 AM   #82
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesse Steele View Post
well blow me down ucgk ucgk ucgk....

I'll fix that!
what a doofus!
Don't worry, you are not the first one!
And it is why I made a test, trying to search for dvchallenge OR thedvchallenge. I was not sure it would work with Youtube. Not only it works but it found 3 more videos for DVC9.
So expect a minor update soon...

Reminder: Youtube tags (or keywords) needed: "dvchallenge" or "thedvchallenge", and "DVC#" where # is the number for the DVC (ie, "DVC11"). Add the tag "winner" if your entry won the first place.
Old March 7th, 2008, 02:56 AM   #83
Major Player

Youtube going high quality

I just saw that Youtube is reencoding its videos at higher quality.
It improves a lot the video delivered on Youtube if the source is good. I suggest that DVCers upload their entries at 640x480. I will modify the video player in the DVC Entry Viewer to make goode use of this boost in resolution...
Old March 26th, 2008, 04:13 AM   #84
Major Player

Dim and Dimmer problem

Lorinda, can you explain why you put the keyword 'DVC12' for your entry Dim and Dimmer when it was shot for DVC11?

All right, no need to explain. Just correct this and I'll send you a picture of my daugther ;)

Reminder: Youtube tags (or keywords) needed: "dvchallenge" or "thedvchallenge", and "DVC#" where # is the number for the DVC (ie, "DVC11"). Add the tag "winner" if your entry won the first place.
Old March 26th, 2008, 09:37 AM   #85
Wrangler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benjamin Durin View Post
Lorinda, can you explain why you put the keyword 'DVC12' for your entry Dim and Dimmer when it was shot for DVC11?
Typical. I’m also the bookkeeper here on the farm; you should try being my accountant if you want to know real frustration…

Okay, it's fixed. I'll be watching for that photo. :)
Old April 1st, 2008, 10:32 PM   #86
Major Player

Version 1.1 available

In this version, the DVC Entry Viewer can display Youtube high quality videos if available.
The video player has now its own window and will resize depending on the original size of the video played.
I noticed that sometimes HQ videos are slower to load so I added a checkbox to enable or disable HQ. Youtube may have a bandwith problem but I believe they will solve this sooner or later.
I could not make work the full screen function with the video in its own window so I removed this function for now. Hope I can solve this problem later.

Install or upgrade to the new version NOW!

Benjamin Durin is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > The Archives > The DV Challenge