DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   The DV Challenge (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/dv-challenge/)
-   -   DVC11.... The holiday charity challenge! (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/dv-challenge/107356-dvc11-holiday-charity-challenge.html)

Dylan Couper November 6th, 2007 11:39 AM

DVC11.... The holiday charity challenge!

For the last two years, we've run a holiday charity challenge in December. I'm in the mood to do it again, and just wanted to see if it is too soon for everyone and you want to wait for January, or are you chomping at the bit and ready for another one?

Josh Chesarek November 6th, 2007 12:22 PM

I would sign up for a December Challenge. I gotta get cracking on my UWOL November challenge though. Christmas is the best time of the year to give IMO :) (not the only one though)

William Gardner November 6th, 2007 12:44 PM

I'd be up for a challenge in December, especially after missing the last 2 due to vacations and wildfires. Probably the earlier in December the better, so the holidays don't get in the way too much...

Bill

Daniel Ross November 6th, 2007 01:17 PM

The time off for holidays might help some, though, so you may want to split it between, somewhere in the middle. (Is the contest always the same length?)

Personally, I've really been wanting to make a comedy of some sort, so if the theme could allow for that (as most probably would-- though basically the opposite of the last), that would be great.

I'll do it if I have the time. I hope to.

Travis Johnson November 6th, 2007 01:58 PM

I'm ready to do another ASAP. Bring it on! :P

Kevin Randolph November 6th, 2007 01:59 PM

After totally missing the last challenge, I'm game for this one whenever you decide to do it Dylan. December is good. January is good. If you do go with December, I'd have to think that earlier in the month would be better than later. Maybe start the 7th and end on the 16th.

Just my two cents...

Kevin

Daniel Ross November 6th, 2007 02:06 PM

Just realized that I have my finals on the week of December 10th, so that could be a very bad week for me. I'd expect the same for anyone else in school. Might still find a way to work it in, though.

Lorinda Norton November 7th, 2007 02:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dylan Couper (Post 771090)
I'm in the mood to do it again...

Wouldn't want to waste the mood. Let's do it!

Mugurel Dragusin November 7th, 2007 03:17 AM

January = DVC12 perhaps :) So December is the way to go for the DVC11 for charity so that the prize goes to a charity just in the right time :)

Mike Teutsch November 7th, 2007 07:39 AM

Well, my computer is back up, fingers crossed though, so I'm ready!

Mike

Dick Mays November 7th, 2007 10:51 AM

A day of infamy?

I would love to be in, but have little flexibility with my children's weekend plans in December. It would have to start Thursday, the 6th, in order for me to participate.

Dylan Couper November 7th, 2007 05:34 PM

I'm thinking of starting it Nov. 29th and running it until Dec. 16th, giving everyone ample time to work around holiday schedules. That way all the films will be screened before Christmas.

Daniel Ross November 7th, 2007 06:30 PM

Sounds reasonable.

Bradley L Marlow November 8th, 2007 10:26 AM

Not sure if I will be able to as I may be working on a job. We'll see.

However, I WILL be donating as before. You can definitely count me in on that!

Jesse Steele November 8th, 2007 12:19 PM

Since I couldn't do the last one due to lack of time I need a chance to drag myself off the wall!...must...complete...entry.....

Christmas sounds like a great time to do one!