DVC Charity Drive - $861 raised! - Page 2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > The Archives > The DV Challenge
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

The DV Challenge
An organized theme-based competition where Content is King!

Old December 9th, 2007, 10:04 PM   #16
Wrangler

Wow, updated again to

$811!!!

Fantastic!
Old December 10th, 2007, 12:17 AM   #17
Inner Circle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dylan Couper View Post
Wow, updated again to

$811!!!

Fantastic!
I hope that this amount will grow even more before the challenge ends! Remember, you can always add more, as I probably will!

This being said, I would like to make a recommendation to all involved and especially to the ultimate winner.

I won last year with a short movie that received much praise and many calls for it to be a PSA for the Alzheimer's association. Not only was the money donated to them, but the movie was offered to them as well. Although I sincerely support their work, the amount we can contribute is minuscule compared to what they receive on a daily basis from many people. The reply from them to our contribution was a simple form letter. This was a disappointment to me and our group, especially since a friend and contact of mine was a past president of the chapter that the money was donated to.

The first Christmas Challenge was won by our dear friend Lorinda Norton and she donated it to a local children's home. They were very appreciative of the money and it was a delight to know what they could accomplish with our small donation. I would like to suggest that the eventual winner of this Challenge donate the money to one of the small organizations in their local area. Not only will it be more appreciated, but it will make a bigger impact in the long run.

I will try to win again! :) But, if I don't I do suggest that the eventual winner look for some small local group that could REALLY benefit from our Challenge.

Mike
Old December 18th, 2007, 10:33 AM   #18
Wrangler

Just a reminder to those who have been waiting for a good time to donate to the charity challenge fund... the contest is over on Sunday, so you only have the remainder of the week to donate!
Old December 24th, 2007, 03:13 PM   #19
Wrangler

And the final total...

$861!!!

Thank you everyone!
Old December 25th, 2007, 02:08 PM   #20
Major Player

That rocks :) Good going everyone!
Josh Chesarek is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > The Archives > The DV Challenge