DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   The DV Challenge (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/dv-challenge/)
-   -   Who has started? (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/dv-challenge/109283-who-has-started.html)

Robert Martens December 5th, 2007 03:55 AM

I'm sorry to hear that, Bruce, my sympathy goes out to you and his other loved ones.

Mike Horrigan December 5th, 2007 07:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bruce Foreman (Post 787411)
Well, I signed up for this one but won't be able to even start anything on it. My younger brother passed away suddenly in West Virginia and I had to hit the road.

I'm terribly sorry to hear that.

Bruce, you'll be in my thoughts. You have my deepest sympathies.

Mike

Lorinda Norton December 6th, 2007 10:53 AM

Even though I sent you an email, Bruce, I'd like to add my sympathies here. Hang in there, Buddy.

Chris Barcellos December 6th, 2007 01:41 PM

Got a script written, now how to shoot, and with whom....

Michael Nistler December 6th, 2007 09:29 PM

Always running late, but worth it...

Hi y'all,

Okay then, you've sucked me in hook, line, and sinker - I see the LIGHT, so count me in (I just wired a donation for our worthy contest).

Good luck friends,

Michael Nistler

Mugurel Dragusin December 8th, 2007 01:03 PM

hmm

Guys, what in the world are you talking about? :P

Mike Teutsch December 8th, 2007 01:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mugurel Dragusin (Post 789329)
Guys, what in the world are you talking about? :P

Their talking about the latest DVChallenge, ongoing as we write. Theme is "Light."

http://www.dvinfo.net/conf/showthread.php?t=108127

Mike

Lorinda Norton December 8th, 2007 11:09 PM

I believe Mugurel’s question was tongue-in-cheek, Mike. ;)

Dang it, I did such a lousy job of shooting the other night it’s been like micro-surgery trying to cut something together. We were so cold I didn't take enough time to get things right. Why, I ask myself, did I write a story that involves shooting at night and outdoors in the cold—my two least favorite things to do?

Mike Teutsch December 8th, 2007 11:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lorinda Norton (Post 789519)
I believe Mugurel’s question was tongue-in-cheek, Mike. ;)

Dang it, I did such a lousy job of shooting the other night it’s been like micro-surgery trying to cut something together. We were so cold I didn't take enough time to get things right. Why, I ask myself, did I write a story that involves shooting at night and outdoors in the cold—my two least favorite things to do?

OK, went over my little head! :)

Mike

Michael Nistler December 9th, 2007 04:20 AM

Rehi all,

I had the golden opportunity to roll some footage last night for a party sequence. OTOH, I finished the script today - it weighs in at a whopping 13 pages! Nutz, I hate carving up the story.

Are we allowed 5 minutes of story plus a tad extra for titles and trailer? (please) Maybe I'll make the actors talk as though they're from New York <wink>

Michael
Happy Trails, until we meet again

Kris Holodak December 9th, 2007 11:16 AM

Wow Michael, 13 pages. That's impressive. I don't think I could come up with 13 pages worth of story. My gang is showing up in about an hour to shoot the 2 pages we wrote the other day. Hopefully the rain stops so we can do the outside stuff. Otherwise I don't know how many locations I'm going to be able to make my one house look like.

Smile,
Kris

Mugurel Dragusin December 10th, 2007 05:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mike Teutsch (Post 789522)
OK, went over my little head! :)

Mike

That was funny Mike :)

Dick Mays December 10th, 2007 10:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mugurel Dragusin (Post 790342)
That was funny Mike :)

What in the world are you guys talking about???

Michael Nistler December 13th, 2007 05:07 AM

The Cutting Room Floor

Hi all,

Grumble grumble - well, I've edited down my submission from 15 minutes to 6 minutes. From here on, the content/continuity gets dicey.

What's the official rules on submissions that encroach on the time limit? Maybe tomorrow life will look fracking better!

Good night, Michael

Mike Teutsch December 13th, 2007 06:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Michael Nistler (Post 791671)
Hi all,

Grumble grumble - well, I've edited down my submission from 15 minutes to 6 minutes. From here on, the content/continuity gets dicey.

What's the official rules on submissions that encroach on the time limit? Maybe tomorrow life will look fracking better!

Good night, Michael

Michael,

I hate to have to give you the bad news, but the time limit is just 5 minutes. Part of what the DVChallenge is supposed to teach us is to make short to the point movies. I went about 4 1/2 minutes once on a 3 minute time limit and got chewed out by several people.

So, it is five minutes, with maybe a few seconds of fudge time, plus your credits.

Get out the scissors!

Mike