DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   The DV Challenge (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/dv-challenge/)
-   -   Who has started? (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/dv-challenge/109283-who-has-started.html)

Dylan Couper December 15th, 2007 08:00 PM

Tick tock, tick tock,
about 30 hours left on the clock!

Dick Mays December 16th, 2007 08:21 AM

No Wall for me

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dylan Couper (Post 793232)
Tick tock, tick tock,
about 30 hours left on the clock!

Thought I was going to end up on the wall this time, because I had my children two weekends in a row, and my regular crew bailed on me for holiday parties and travel commitments. But my kids helped me pull together an entry. Just need to lay down a couple of guitar tracks, to have legit music too.

If Caroline had that "Baby's First Editing" system, she could have helped me piece this thing together. Gotta get that...

Edward Slonaker December 16th, 2007 09:19 AM

Well, it's not looking good, sports fans. Too much festivities, another (albeit paying) project, and a botched attempt to learn AE caca in a week and it's all making for <sigh> another spot on "the wall." I'm going to try and get what I can IN the can but I'm disappointed. Need to hire a 12-year-old to show me how to do this effects stuff (or stop relying heavily on effects, huh?). :D

Good luck DVC'ers! I look forward to seeing the entries.

Lorinda Norton December 16th, 2007 12:49 PM

Oh, try, Edward! Maybe you could just spoof it out, like text that says, “--- special effects here” or something. ;)

These darn things always seem to be disappointing in one way or another, so I sympathize with you. I’ve not forgotten my DVC motto that came from the “sun” challenge: If you don’t know After Effects, don’t try to do something that needs it!

Or maybe you and I need to enroll in an AE class… :)

Mike Teutsch December 16th, 2007 01:24 PM

Well, I'm debating whether to even try to edit what I have into a movie. I one of the best ideas that I've had and talked some friends into doing it, BUT!

I was shooting all day in Wellington, and they were shooting all day in Stuart. By the time everyone was done and we got together at his home, we were all tired and the kids were almost out of it. Shooting with small children at 10:00pm=Disaster.

The young girl was so tired we could not even get her to say simple lines. The dog was running all over and the cat who was just brought home after being missing for 2 weeks was crying moaning.

I may turn this in, but everyone realize that it is not like I wanted at all! If I were in school, I would say that the dog ate my homework!!!!!!!!!!!

Mike

Chris Barcellos December 16th, 2007 04:37 PM

Done. So we send to link to thedvchallenge@gmail.com, right ? At my age I have to be retrained every contest....

Edward Slonaker December 16th, 2007 04:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lorinda Norton (Post 793588)
Or maybe you and I need to enroll in an AE class… :)

If we could find one in Denver (halfway?), I would meet you there. :D

Mike Teutsch December 16th, 2007 07:18 PM

Well, I've made my decision, no movie for this challenge. I spent $106.00 just for the Santa Claus costume rental, but that is just life!

Best of luck to everyone else! Remember, a local small charity will appreciate and make better use of the donated money than a big national organization will.

May the best movie win!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Mike

Josh Chesarek December 16th, 2007 08:17 PM

Sorry to hear it Mike. I am just finishing and rendering now. Will upload soon. Hope mine makes someone smile.

Mike Teutsch December 16th, 2007 08:22 PM

Way to go Josh! I envy you getting this one done! Like I said, I had a great idea, but could not get it produced!

Good for you!!!!!!!!

Mike

Josh Chesarek December 16th, 2007 08:30 PM

Well I was kinda in the same boat as we did not start filming until last night, and this is a short during the day.... go figure... I probably just have lower quality standards :-p ;-)

Mike Teutsch December 16th, 2007 08:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Josh Chesarek (Post 793800)
Well I was kinda in the same boat as we did not start filming until last night, and this is a short during the day.... go figure... I probably just have lower quality standards :-p ;-)

Go for it! It was just that I was so far from what I intended that I could not see going forward.

Looking forward to seeing all of the entries!!!!!!!!!!

Mike

Lorinda Norton December 16th, 2007 10:34 PM

Sorry to hear that, Mike. Given what happened, I sure don't blame you.
Quote:

Originally Posted by Mike Teutsch (Post 793777)
I spent $106.00 just for the Santa Claus costume rental, but that is just life!

Were you Santa Claus? I would love to have seen that! Maybe you should post a clip of that for us. :)

Dylan Couper December 17th, 2007 01:37 AM

Looks like it's a Wall Of Shame for me. Had relatives come into town at the last minute midweek and they are still here... Sigh.

Josh Chesarek December 17th, 2007 06:31 AM

Same thing more or less happened to me, so I made them be part of my madness known as "The Nutcracker". :-p