How's everyone doing? - Page 3 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > The Archives > The DV Challenge
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

The DV Challenge
An organized theme-based competition where Content is King!

Old June 29th, 2008, 05:14 PM   #31
Wrangler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruce Foreman View Post

Hope this helps somewhat.
Hi Bruce -- thanks for the tips, definitely helpful. I gave up and just compressed to 720 x 480 and that seemed to work just fine...

However, I am going to have to hang myself on the Wall of Shame. How do I go about doing that these days?

I have a long, sad tale about my audio failure, too lengthy to go into here, suffice to say it was terrible before the youtube compression, due to unanticipated circumstances, and the extra compression pushed it over the edge to completely useless....my efforts to put lipstick on that pig failed miserably.

Hang me on the Wall. Pour beers over my head.

Lorinda, I bow to your superior production discipline!
Meryem Ersoz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 29th, 2008, 05:56 PM   #32
Wrangler

It ain't over yet, sister...

I totally sympathize with the audio woes, Meryem; that, and other things have made me think twice about subjecting folks to my flick, as well. I hadn't even considered yet what the compression will do, cuz I'm still waiting for nightfall to get some pick-up shots.

Can't make it a silent movie, eh? Throw some music on that thing and let 'er rip? Or just put up a link to a kinder version like Vimeo in a feedback thread. Like I said a few posts ago, I want to watch some movies! :)
Old June 29th, 2008, 06:36 PM   #33
Inner Circle

Just emailed my links with hours to spare.

Meryem and any Vegas users: If you are using Vegas, this link led me to get a pretty decent YouTube upload. I set Audio at 256,000, and it is pretty clean.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6kcvSoqQKZ0

May be hints there for even non Vegas users.
Old June 29th, 2008, 06:43 PM   #34
Major Player

Done editing, music and the likes, rendering and preparing for the upload part :) Oh, and of course, the initial idea was scraped as it was too close to what someone created for a previous dvc.
Old June 29th, 2008, 07:14 PM   #35
Major Player

Well, I just finished the UWOL and I thought one week would be enough time to finish this one. But, I was mistaken. So let me be the first to walk into the hall of shame, my head down low, tears streaming down my cheeks. Good luck to all of you...

Oliver Pahlow
Oliver Pahlow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 29th, 2008, 08:00 PM   #36
Major Player

DONE :) Uploaded, sent links in, hmm, 5 hours project :) Can't wait to see how it's received though.

Thanks!
Old June 29th, 2008, 08:24 PM   #37
Wrangler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Barcellos View Post
If you are using Vegas, this link led me to get a pretty decent YouTube upload. I set Audio at 256,000, and it is pretty clean.
Hmm...I'll give it a try IF I get that far. Thanks, Chris.

This waiting around to get shots I need plus some music that was promised is killing me. Then I made the mistake of looking back on Joseph's bad luck with his computer...now I've really got a knot in my stomach. After all the trouble my friends and I went through I want to get it done on time.

Mugurel, you're not helping matters either, smarty-pants. ;)
Old June 29th, 2008, 10:01 PM   #38
Major Player

Sent. One minute to spare.
Old June 29th, 2008, 10:21 PM   #39
Regular Crew

Doh! Not going to make it. I needed some LUCK to get this one completed. I should've just done a movie on trying to get the movie done...
Old June 29th, 2008, 10:24 PM   #40
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lorinda Norton View Post
I want to watch some movies! :)
Sounds like your wish will be granted :P
Old June 30th, 2008, 02:49 AM   #41
Wrangler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruce Foreman View Post
YouTubes "watch in high quality" option is great! Does have an occasional "stutter" like Vimeo but it's pretty sharp and clear.
How does one get the high quality option? I noticed on some of the videos I've uploaded it's there, but not on others. This current one, which needed all the help it could get, looks like crap and doesn't have it. I'd be okay with a "not quite so sucky" option right now...
Old June 30th, 2008, 03:00 AM   #42
Wrangler

Huh. I forgot to email the link so when I went back to YouTube, that option had magically appeared...guess I didn't wait long enough.

BY THE WAY...

Sheila! I'm soooo disappointed--thought you were going to get one in this time. As a matter of fact, it's looking pretty bleak so far all the way around; and this after a huge sign up. Extra kudos to those of you who finished!
Old June 30th, 2008, 07:29 AM   #43
Wrangler

My problem was the audio was busted up at the source, but since I was in the darn thing, I couldn't fully monitor the sound...just set the levels and went after it...which under most circumstances would have been ok, but I was using a brand new recording device which, let's just say, it turns out is not ready for prime time.

So I cleaned and scrubbed the audio like a fishwife to make it legible, even with all the preamp noise, but once I added the next layer of compression to youtube, it reverted to illegible.

Ergo, I'm faced with the dilemma of humiliation either way! The Wall or putting up a video which no one but I can understand! Either way, it is shame all around, as far as the eye can see!

I liked this theme, too....
Meryem Ersoz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 30th, 2008, 08:59 AM   #44
Inner Circle

It's the wall for me this time. My son said he could not act and didn't want to do it, so we just spent our time enjoying each others company. Had a good idea too. He flew out yesterday and now my time is up.

Maybe next time.

Mike
Old June 30th, 2008, 10:15 AM   #45
Major Player

OOps, I said "hall of shame". Sorry, I meant wall of shame for me too.

Oliver
Oliver Pahlow is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > The Archives > The DV Challenge