DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   The DV Challenge (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/dv-challenge/)
-   -   'Tis the season for DVC 15??? (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/dv-challenge/138929-tis-season-dvc-15-a.html)

Lorinda Norton December 3rd, 2008 11:10 PM

'Tis the season for DVC 15???

Yes--already!! We know…the forum is still warm from DVC 14, but it’s December and that means one thing here at the DVC: the annual Charity Challenge!

Every December Dylan likes to run the challenge, all the while taking donations that will be sent to the winner’s favorite charity. (Rumor has it that Dylan is partial to the hometown charities that help little kids in need.) You don’t have to sign up to send a donation, but the more films we have the more fun it is. And you get the added bonus of knowing that you’re making someone’s life a little happier and easier.

I think this would make the 4th Annual Charity DVC. Because it’s so close on the heels of the last one Dylan is thinking about an extended time period. Those details haven’t been worked out, though, because there’s one thing we want to know first:

How many of you are UP TO THE CHALLENGE??? :D

Chris Barcellos December 3rd, 2008 11:14 PM

Is this signup thread ?, I'll do something...

Lorinda Norton December 4th, 2008 12:03 AM

It's not so much a sign-up thread as just me fishin' but we could possibly turn it into one if we get enough folks here.

Andris Krastins December 4th, 2008 04:24 AM

Well, this December is a very busy month for me (studies and filming), but I'll participate, if I have the time during the term of the charity challenge, it's a 50-50.

Kris Holodak December 4th, 2008 07:20 AM

I'd do it

I was bummed to have to miss 14 so I'll definitely be up for doing 15. Might just be me and Blue, but that wouldn't be a first.

Jeremy Doyle December 4th, 2008 08:34 AM

Depending on the dates, I'd probably be in.

Lorinda Norton December 4th, 2008 09:43 AM

Hey, Kris! We missed you and would love to see what you an’ Blue do next.

I’m also loving the fact that you guys from last round are geared up again, and I would love to see some new faces, as well. Andris, you’re already one of the alumni. :)

What we’re kicking around is the idea of starting VERY soon—like next week, and giving everyone until Jan. 1 to submit. If we can get about a dozen or so folks to jump on board it might be enough to get Dylan to give us the go-ahead.

Josh Chesarek December 4th, 2008 09:46 AM

I wanna try again!

Jeremy Doyle December 4th, 2008 12:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lorinda Norton (Post 972804)
What we’re kicking around is the idea of starting VERY soon—like next week, and giving everyone until Jan. 1 to submit. .

If those are the dates I am definitely in!

Ken Bates December 4th, 2008 01:24 PM

All In !

I wouldn't care if we anounced theme tonight and had 48hrs to shoot and post
I'd still be in.
No guts, No glory.
Lets DO EET !

Bruce Broussard December 4th, 2008 03:25 PM

I'm Ready

I am definitely interested. It seems that I miss every other one, so thanks for the heads up on this one Lorinda.

Mugurel Dragusin December 4th, 2008 07:19 PM

Count me in :)

Lorinda Norton December 5th, 2008 11:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ken Bates (Post 972950)
I wouldn't care if we anounced theme tonight and had 48hrs to shoot and post
I'd still be in.
No guts, No glory.
Lets DO EET !

LOL! I believe you, Ken! :)

Well, there are eight of us so far....Hmm....

I know it's the busiest time of the year; I'm going to be cramming things in myself. But I think Dylan has a fun, albeit challenging theme in mind (challenging in my mind--you might think it's easy) plus it would be great for us to give a healthy donation to some needy and deserving charity.

For the rest of you out there, do I need to talk with Dylan about extending the time to Jan. 4? Include one more weekend?

Josh Chesarek December 5th, 2008 12:28 PM

Well. During this challenge I will be traveling Europe. So I hope it can help my theme :p. The more time I can secure during my travels the better. Hopefully I can find a decent connection to upload the video :p

Alex Chamberlain December 6th, 2008 06:47 AM

I have to admit, I've got a couple of new shots in my head that I'd like to work into a DVC. I almost missed this thread since I usually give the forum a rest for a couple of weeks after a DVC (just to change things up a bit, you know?). But I think you could count me in.