DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   The DV Challenge (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/dv-challenge/)
-   -   DV Challenge #1 Theme Announcement - GO! (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/dv-challenge/42614-dv-challenge-1-theme-announcement-go.html)

Dylan Couper April 7th, 2005 08:23 PM

DV Challenge #1 Theme Announcement - GO!

As per our moved up start time to accomadate our international brothers:

It is 10pm, Eastern Standard time Thursday night, and the first DV Challenge has officialy begun.

Your theme is:

TRAPPED

That's it. One word. Trapped. Do with it as you desire.
Good luck.

You now have until midnight Pacific Standard time, Friday the 15th of April, to email me the URL to your film for judging at dylancouper@hotmail.com with the subject DV Challenge.

Time limit under: 3 minutes.

If you haven't signed up by this point, you are still welcome to.

Lorinda Norton April 7th, 2005 09:23 PM

Dylan, you're a genius! It's perfect--the possibilities are almost endless. Makes me wish we could enter more than one!

Aaron Koolen April 7th, 2005 11:37 PM

Shit! I was looking at the old threads, lucky looked through the new ones ;)

Awesome stuff Dylan! This is going to be a hoot!

Aaron

Dylan Couper April 7th, 2005 11:50 PM

Thanks guys, have fun!

(thanks for dropping the links in the other two threads Aaron, I just logged back in to do it. :)

Aaron Koolen April 8th, 2005 08:22 PM

No worries.

Our film is shot, now onto post.

Aaron

Dylan Couper April 8th, 2005 09:02 PM

My story is done, shooting tomorrow.

Steve Witt April 9th, 2005 01:31 PM

This stuff is great!! I'm not participating in this but I can't wait to check out some of the entries. Good luck all. Have fun!!

Dylan Couper April 9th, 2005 06:32 PM

<<<-- Originally posted by Steve Witt : This stuff is great!! I'm not participating in this but I can't wait to check out some of the entries. Good luck all. Have fun!! -->>>

It's not too late if you want to join in the fun! Otherwise, I want to see your name in the next one! :)

Steve Witt April 9th, 2005 08:04 PM

Thanks Dylan,
I am extremely close to getting my panasonic GS400. I should be able to purchase as soon as B&H get their next shipment of them. Right now, they have this particular camera back-ordered.
I will try like hell to be in the next one.

Dylan Couper April 12th, 2005 11:29 PM

Just a scary little reminder, only three days left to complete your challenge projects!

Aaron Koolen April 12th, 2005 11:44 PM

Dylan, do you have a certain format you want it in? What about filesize or res? I can upload whatever.

Aaron

Dylan Couper April 13th, 2005 02:35 PM

Doesn't matter although I suggest you make it vieable to everyone so no PC only formats. I'd also suggest makeing it a bit smaller if you have limited bandwidth. Send me the link whenever it is up if you like, but don't post it. I'll post them all at the same time.

Dylan Couper April 15th, 2005 07:08 PM

TICK TOCK GOES THE CLOCK!

All entries are due tonight! Midnight Pacific Standard time!

Dylan Couper April 17th, 2005 09:41 AM

THE FIRST DV CHALLENGE IS NOW CLOSED!

I'm currently waiting for the judging to be complete, and will post links to all the competitors this evening.

We recieved five completed submissions out of around 10 people who posted an intent to compete, which is pretty good for our first attempt. Thanks to all who entered!
More later this evening.

Emre Safak April 17th, 2005 01:56 PM

Would it be unreasonable of me to ask for the deadline to be extended to two weeks for the future? One week is really cutting it tight.