DV Challenge #1 - and the winners are... - Page 3 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > The Archives > The DV Challenge
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

The DV Challenge
An organized theme-based competition where Content is King!

Old May 4th, 2005, 10:56 AM   #31
Wrangler

5 judges, who individually choose their top 3 choices, 3pts for 1st, 2pts for 2nd, 1pt for 3rd. Film with most points wins. Judges make their choices subjectively based on a 50/50 consideration between story(use of theme) and production quality (cinematography, acting, editing, etc...)

In the future, we might add secondary categories.
Old May 9th, 2005, 05:33 AM   #32

So you guys are doing a 24 hour film thing again this coming weekend?
Laurence Maher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 16th, 2005, 02:47 PM   #33
Trustee

Were you talking to me Laurence? If so, Yeah, we entered out city's 48 hours film project. It was insane. We didn't get anywhere and our film was mediocre. These things really hit home the areas where you lack skills - I have quite a few. Also our writers seemed to have a thing against a story and so we basically had gags held together by some sort of weakish storyline which was a problem. Combine that with my inadequate directing and well, there you go ;)

But it's great to do these things, cause each time, I try to concentrate on one aspect. In the 48hours, I concentrated in camera work (Given our small number of options) and I think it came out OK for the most part. Next time, all my energy is going to story analysis - I'm bad at that.

Aaron

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > The Archives > The DV Challenge