Dvc18 theme - go! Go! Go! + prizes! at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > The Archives > The DV Challenge

The DV Challenge
An organized theme-based competition where Content is King!

Old May 13th, 2010, 10:06 AM   #1
Wrangler

Dvc18 theme - go! Go! Go! + prizes!

Welcome to DVC18!

The theme for this challenge is not a theme, but a goal!
That goal is: pay attention to details!

And to make it even more fun, instead of having one winner, we are breaking it up into three different categories, with prizes donated by our long time sponsor Guy Cochran and dvcreators.net

The three categories of competition are:
1) Script - yes, a prize totally for the video with the best script!

2) Production value - here is where you really need to pay attention to detail to win. The judges will this time be looking hard at your camera/editing/sound/music/titles.

3) Newcomer prize - this prize is up for grabs to anyone who has 1 or less DV Challenge entries (and not a win),

And the prize? Courtsey of Guy and dvcreators.net, each winner will take home one of these: Diva Photo/Video Ring Light by Stellar Lighting at DVcreators.net

Additional rules for those who aren't familiar with the challenge:

1. Video must include “thedvchallenge.com presents” in the beginning (without quotation marks). Credits are not required but you sure may include them if you’d like.

2. If you use music that has been published you’d better make sure you’ve got permission. No copyright violations allowed. There’s lots of good royalty-free music out there. If you are doing a music video, get permission from the band to post it online.

3. Use all new material shot - no previously recorded footage is allowed. Sure, we’d be hard pressed to prove otherwise, but you’d be cheating. Besides, you’d miss out on all the fun.

4. Make sure your video has a title and it is shown right at the beginning (helps for judging).

5. You retain 100% ownership of your video and are 100% responsible for its content.

6. Videos must be under 5 minutes, including credits. (hint: the best films tend to be a snappy 3 minutes)

7. Videos must be uploaded to YouTube and/or Vimeo and links emailed to thedvchallenge@gmail.com by 11:59 p.m., PDT, on Sunday, June 13th.

Good luck and no excuses!

GO! GO! GO!

Last edited by Lorinda Norton; May 13th, 2010 at 11:38 AM.
Dylan Couper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 13th, 2010, 10:45 AM   #2
Inner Circle

Dylan: You seem to be limiting the entry to a "Trailer", whereas at signup you had posted:

"Why not? Because most of us here are in the video production world (or want to be!) We shoot event videos, news, corporate videos, instructional videos, promotional videos, sports videos, and so on.

"This DV Challenge will reflect that!

"This time you will out and make a 3-5 minute video in whatever area of the video industry you choose! These absolutely can be FICTIONAL videos! You can make a corporate video for a company that doesn’t exist, a trailer for a sports video you’d love to shoot, an instructional video for a product that hasn’t been made. The goal is to get experience doing something you want to be doing. The prize, besides fame and glory, will be announced shortly!'

Just want to be sure we are working with this original concept still.

EDIT by Lorinda: Wording on #1 and 7 changed. I think Dylan was pasting from another thread to save time. :)

Last edited by Lorinda Norton; May 13th, 2010 at 11:40 AM.
Chris Barcellos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 13th, 2010, 11:29 AM   #3
Major Player

I'm shooting whatever comes to me after drinking a couple of glasses of red wine tonight.
Dick Mays is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 13th, 2010, 11:37 AM   #4
Wrangler

As much as I love this whole idea my brain has been too muddled to come up with something good. If you think the red wine helps, Dick, I'll try it--even though I don't like it! :)
Old May 14th, 2010, 09:30 AM   #5
Major Player

The vintage red wine, the kind Jesus made for the wedding party, that's the stuff you need for good DV Challenge creativity. Not the $5 Merlot at Kroger.
Dick Mays is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 14th, 2010, 02:36 PM   #6
Wrangler

Well, this stuff doesn't fall in the vintage category but it's got a dog on the label so it must be good. :)

Actually, I've tried this and can drink it, unlike the "good" wine that you like. It comes out of Walla Walla Washington and was given to me by a friend. Might have only cost $5--I wouldn't know.

Here's mud in yer eye!
Attached Thumbnails
Dvc18 theme - go! Go! Go!  + prizes!-2010-05-14-14.23.36.jpg  
Old May 14th, 2010, 06:51 PM   #7
Major Player

It looks like a good year. Plu the dog label. I say try two glasses and wake up in the morning and read the script that you wrote.
Dick Mays is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > The Archives > The DV Challenge