DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   The DV Challenge (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/dv-challenge/)
-   -   The Winners - DVC 18 (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/dv-challenge/480754-winners-dvc-18-a.html)

Lorinda Norton June 21st, 2010 09:28 PM

The Winners - DVC 18

Here it is! The moment you’ve all been waiting for! :)

Gotta say it, we were a little disappointed in the low number of submissions; the Wall of Shame is pretty much full this time around. However, you five guys who submitted deserve a lot of credit, and we consider you all winners. Congratulations to all of you on work very well done!

Unfortunately, only three of you get to take home the prizes—the cool Diva Ring Lights, courtesy of Guy Cochran at DVeStore at DVcreators.net. Many thanks to Guy for putting up these great prizes (I want one!) and for helping with the judging this round.

Much appreciation, as always, to Chris Hurd for giving The DV Challenge a home right here on the fabulous DV Info Net! And always thanks to Dylan Couper, the guy who started the DVC, for creating a great place for us to practice and help each other with our skills.

OK, let’s get on with it. Votes are tallied, the winners are:

Best Script:
Cole Seidl and Benji Robbins for The Unexpected Perils of Everyday Life

Best Production:
Clint Harmon for Hewes Boat Commercial

Best Video:
Dick Mays for Scene 7B

Congratulations, Dick, Clint, Cole and Benji!!! This was a pretty different round that must have scared off a lot of people, but not you! Great work, all of you—way to pay attention to detail in your various ways of interpreting that “theme.”

We’ll send your email addresses to Guy so he can get your prizes to you. Let us know how you like the Diva Ring Lights! :)

All for now. See everyone at the next DVC!!

Chris Barcellos June 21st, 2010 09:55 PM

Congratulations to all of you ! Well deserved. All these productions showed a lot of hard work to get to the finished product !

Cole Seidl June 21st, 2010 10:18 PM

Wow!
Congratulations to everyone who submitted. I know first-hand that this was a tough one.

As for the light ring... My newly purchased T2i should compliment this nicely.

Lorinda Norton June 21st, 2010 11:36 PM

Love it, Cole! Got my eye on that camera, so let us know what you think, okay?

Two of our winners live on the East Coast so may have called it a night before this got posted. It'll be a nice little wake-up, I would think. :)

I'm quite certain this is the first time we've had a DVC where none of the submissions came from outside of the US. Even the very first one (also five films) had one from Canada and one--the winner--from Australia. Ah well...enough trivia.

This may have been a small group but the feedback sure was fun. You are a great bunch of guys and every one of you submitted great entries!

Bill Thesken June 22nd, 2010 12:28 AM

Thanks to Dick, Clint, Cole & Benji, Lorinda, and Chris for the films, and congrats to the winners. See you in the next round.

Dick Mays June 22nd, 2010 05:45 AM

Nice to wake up as a DV Challenge best video winner. My life is now complete.
Also may have job offer this week as HS Math teacher. When it rains it pours!

Next time I do this it will be with my high school students as actors!

Clint Harmon June 22nd, 2010 02:50 PM

It has been a trying time of no sleep and loss of some perspective and I am glad to see my entry won best production. Thanks to everyone who participated and I hope to win again in a larger pool of entries in the next challenge.

I will post my review of the ring light in use.

Chris Swanberg June 22nd, 2010 06:59 PM

Wow... a well deserved round of awards if you ask me. While I was a little surprised at the fact that over 20 folks said "count me in" and less than a quarter actually participated, the overall quality in this round was about as high as I have seen it in my short time on here.

Kudos to all who participated, and congrats to the winners. And, in case you forgot, Guy Cochran not only helps sponsor this with prizes, he provides tutorials and even SELLS the tools to make these kinds of videos. Thanks Guy !

Chris Swanberg

ps. Dick Mays, I will NEVER be in one of your films, ever! (ffn, my you know what!)

Dylan Couper June 24th, 2010 12:31 AM

Good work everyone, and congrats to Dick, Clint, Cole and Benji!

Dick Mays June 24th, 2010 08:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chris Swanberg (Post 1541340)
ps. Dick Mays, I will NEVER be in one of your films, ever! (ffn, my you know what!)

That's what all my acting students say. No, no, no, but then you tell them you are doing it for the ART, and give them permission to go METHOD, and the clothes come right off.

Mr. Swanberg, never say never....

Chris Swanberg June 25th, 2010 07:47 PM

Oh Dick, you silver tongued devil you.

Aww shucks, go ahead and cast me in a nude scene with any of the gorgeous women in your film. I'm already over my shyness.

Maybe Quentin WILL call too.

Chris S.