DVcreators.net cool light arrived - Page 2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > The Archives > The DV Challenge
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

The DV Challenge
An organized theme-based competition where Content is King!

Old August 18th, 2010, 12:27 PM   #16
DVCreators.Net

Glad to see that you're putting the light to good use! I think you need one more :)

Shooting directly through the center while being a short distance away, produces that signature "music video" look which Lorinda refers to. Ring lights not only provide ample light under the chin, they provide an even flattening to the image by filling in bags under eyes and more of an even ratio to reduce the look of wrinkles, blemishes, etc, they're also well know for putting that big circle catch light in the eyes that screams professional. It's the final piece of the lighting puzzle that says "trust" - if that's what you're after. You see, dark eyes appear lifeless and cold when not intentionally lit - viewers get the impression that something isn't right. Some get lucky and unintentionally get that look, they don't know why, but they like it..maybe by having a large softbox nearby, or a huge piece of white foam core. The Diva Ring Light makes it easy to get this look repeatedly.

If anyone else on here wants one - I have a few left, heck, I'll even through in a free 8' stand for DVi chronies - just put "Free 8' light stand per Guy" in the comments field during check out.
Old August 18th, 2010, 01:29 PM   #17
Wrangler

You've got a deal, Guy! I shouldn't be spending the money but am not passing up an offer like that. :)
Old August 20th, 2010, 02:38 PM   #18
Wrangler

Oh, yeah! Just received the light and [nice!] stand and turned it on the first middle-aged, semi-wrinkled face I could find. It works GREAT! No, I won't be sharing footage of this first look but plan to shoot something very soon.

Thank you so much, Guy!!! You are the best. :)
Old August 22nd, 2010, 11:42 AM   #19
DVCreators.Net

Awesome! I look forward to seeing the results in your next video!

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > The Archives > The DV Challenge