DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   The DV Challenge (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/dv-challenge/)
-   -   A new DVC? (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/dv-challenge/494585-new-dvc.html)

Marc Burleigh April 14th, 2011 04:21 PM

A new DVC?

Just noticing it's been a while since we've got our cameras out for this board.

If I have any say in the theme, it will be "war" (I'm currently in Libya with all the real-life special effects necessary going off around me).....

Lorinda Norton April 14th, 2011 06:23 PM

Re: A new DVC?

Dylan should be home from NAB tonight. He will need some time to recover but then we'll see what he and Guy want to do!

Take care,

Dylan Couper April 24th, 2011 09:25 AM

Hey Lorinda! It took my lawyers a little longer to spring me this time, but I'm back!

I like the idea of a DVC if there is enough demand. Anyone else game?

Andris Krastins April 24th, 2011 12:54 PM

I'm game. :)

Chris Barcellos April 24th, 2011 03:36 PM

Let's roll...

Bob Hart April 25th, 2011 01:15 AM

If the theme is to be "Where have all the flowers gone in Libya", I might have to pass. The instinct for self-preservation is too ingrained in me these days.

For those younger who missed some of the best songwriting of the last century, "Where have all the flowers gone", was a popular folky piece of the flower-power times which if I recall correctly was an anti-war statement. If I recall incorrectly, then my apologies in advance.

Mitchell Stookey April 25th, 2011 02:01 AM

I would LOVE another DVC!

Harry Pluta April 25th, 2011 01:26 PM

I've not been here long, but this sounds like fun, I could use a good challenge to get me out of "testing mode" and into shooting with the new rig.

And Bob is partially right, Where have all the flowers gone" was originally a Pete Seager tune from the 50s that was later rerecorded by everyone and their brother. I remember hearing a version by Peter Paul and Mary who recorded it during the 60s and associated it with the Vietnam protest movement.

-Harry

Stephen van Vuuren April 25th, 2011 06:53 PM

After a long hiatus, hoping I can be in schedule-wise.

Henry Williams April 28th, 2011 03:37 AM

I'm in :) Will get the body parts out of the freezer and start sewing. Does anyone know where I can find electric eels this time of year?

Darryl Ahye April 29th, 2011 09:41 AM

Yes please!

Lorinda Norton April 29th, 2011 10:06 PM

Welcome aboard, Harry, and good to see everyone--it's been awhile, Stephan and Darryl! We'll see what we can do about getting some dates set; hopefully, this is "enough demand" for Dylan and we can pick up more shooters along the way. :)

Lorinda Norton April 29th, 2011 10:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dylan Couper (Post 1642461)
Hey Lorinda! It took my lawyers a little longer to spring me this time, but I'm back!

One of these days they're gonna throw away the key, D. ;)

Stephen van Vuuren April 30th, 2011 07:06 AM

As long as it's may or early June, I should be good. Mid/late June is Greensboro 48 Hour.