DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   The DV Challenge (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/dv-challenge/)
-   -   How's it going? (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/dv-challenge/496472-hows-going.html)

Lorinda Norton May 27th, 2011 08:32 AM

How's it going?

I don't even have an idea yet! How are the rest of you doing?

Jay Kavi May 28th, 2011 01:39 AM

Re: How's it going?

Shooting Sunday and Monday! Nervous and excited!

Andris Krastins May 30th, 2011 02:45 AM

Will try first shooting today after work which involves some serious biking in getting to the location.
I'm so tired I'm on the edge of writing it all off, but that's the challenge.

Gerald OConnor May 30th, 2011 10:29 AM

Was Trying to learn the canon xf100 had the xa10 and reordered another one. Not having good luck with the xf100, bought adobe production premiere to help with the mxf files then needed more drive space so went to install a second drive it was a raid setup messed it all up. So hopefully I can get all my picture recovered. Wife's loving me right now. So I should make a movie on how to mess it all up in a week. Haha

Henry Williams May 30th, 2011 01:38 PM

struggling a bit at the moment I have to confess. A combo of ill parents (they're on the mend now) and three gigs to edit has rather put the kibosh on my creativity. But... I will submit something. That jib is too shiny not to!

Ronn Kilby May 31st, 2011 10:17 AM

Since I signed up for DVC20 I've shot a car commercial that I now have to edit, shot 2 days of interviews in two locations with 18 different setups, shot a real estate commercial that I now have to edit, and shot a pharmaceutical company CEO interview and new drug launch event.

But nothing for DVC20 (beyond concept). Never been on the wall but there's a first time for everything.

Andris Krastins May 31st, 2011 11:50 AM

I shot a few scenes yesterday and today.
Will continue shooting tomorrow and a day after that.
Then, if the video gods allow, on to editing.

The daily job is killing me, but I found out that after a hard day's of work nothing, apart from martial arts, takes away so much stress as filming.

Jay Kavi May 31st, 2011 01:11 PM

Shooting wrapped yesterday. Now to edit...

Marc Burleigh May 31st, 2011 01:20 PM

Argh. Repeat. Argh.

Actress bails, then B-cameraman gets called out of town. This could be a one-hander of drastically reduced ambition.... Am still going to try....

Henry Williams June 1st, 2011 04:39 AM

Lorinda, my brother George Williams has applied to join the forum to enter this DVINFO comp. I completely understand that Chris is a very busy man but is there any way you could bend his ear on my behalf to process George's application in time for him to sign up and submit his entry? I'd be ridiculously grateful to both of you.

Many thanks,

Henry

Lorinda Norton June 1st, 2011 09:09 AM

Chris probably already saw your post, Henry, but I'll put a bug in his ear. Consider George signed up for the challenge. We'll make it work! :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Andris Krastins (Post 1654418)
...I found out that after a hard day's of work nothing, apart from martial arts, takes away so much stress as filming.

That is one of the coolest remarks I have seen here. Keep at it, Andris, and good luck to the rest of you who are working against odds, as well!

Henry Williams June 1st, 2011 09:15 AM

Thanks so much! I really appreciate it :)

Chris Hurd June 2nd, 2011 07:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lorinda Norton (Post 1654640)
Chris probably already saw your post

I don't see *every* post, but I can always be contacted directly by email using the "contact us" link at the bottom of any page on the forum. He's in.

Henry Williams June 2nd, 2011 07:13 AM

Thank you, Chris. That's incredibly kind of you. If something like this ever crops up again I'll make sure to contact you directly.

Dick Mays June 3rd, 2011 06:43 PM

Shooting tomorrow, editing Sunday. You are not behind until you actually start....