DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   The DV Challenge (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/dv-challenge/)
-   -   DV CHALLENGE #3 THEME - GO GO GO GO!!! (for real this time) (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/dv-challenge/50724-dv-challenge-3-theme-go-go-go-go-real-time.html)

Michael Gibbons September 9th, 2005 01:10 PM

I am doomed.

Dylan Couper September 9th, 2005 03:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Michael Gibbons
I am doomed.

Ah, we're all doomed. It's just how you deal with it that makes you or breaks you.

Daniel Kohl September 10th, 2005 02:35 AM

Dylan,

You already did the "trapped" theme. Do participants get docked points if they use interpretations of themes that over-lap previous challenges? :',

don't answer that ... (I'm trying to be funny again)

Owen Bickford September 10th, 2005 10:36 AM

nanny-nanny-boo-boo

"Mister smarty bottom?" Who are you? You can't just invent insult names at the drop of a hat. That one should have been at least tested with a group of second graders before reaching into the virtual realm. And I didn't mean to suggest that this challenge is being taken lightly on my part. Or maybe I should let you keep believing that i am, so you can disregard anything I say. That way, I'll surprise you on the 16th!

PS: I hope you know I'm just joking.

Dylan Couper September 10th, 2005 01:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Owen Bickford
"Mister smarty bottom?" Who are you? You can't just invent insult names at the drop of a hat.

You know, I always found that doing that was one of the best things about being a guy. Me and a friend (notice I didn't say 'a friend and I') used to kill time at the back of English class making up new insults for eachother. Most of them aren't postable here. :)

Daniel Kohl September 10th, 2005 02:28 PM

uh... I don't think "mister smarty bottom" is an invented insult. I think that one is certified. I'm sure someone must have used that expression in the "Young Ones", way back in the early 90's.

But maybe I'm wrong.

Stephen van Vuuren September 10th, 2005 04:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jeff Sayre
Didn't Stephen van Vuuren et al already do Lost Souls? :)

Ah, but it was a pun...there were two lost "souls"...

BTW, I'm entered, but I'm just the lowly DP this time. Two members of my team from Lost Souls are writing, directing, producing and editing their very first movie.

Stephen van Vuuren September 10th, 2005 04:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Daniel Kohl
uh... I don't think "mister smarty bottom" is an invented insult. I think that one is certified. I'm sure someone must have used that expression in the "Young Ones", way back in the early 90's.

But maybe I'm wrong.

The Young Ones rocked...

Sean McHenry September 11th, 2005 09:38 PM

"Mister Smarty Bottom" grew out of not wanting to use the time tested "Smart Ass" in mixed company. I suppose we are all over 18 here (for the majority anyway). Besides, kids don't have the patience to read threads all day long like we do. They have better things to do with their time. Man, come to think of it, I used to have better things to do too. I'm old.

So, I wasn't making up the soul of the comment, just softening the verbage a bit.

Sort of a Sponge Bob version if you will. And yes, I too was just having a bit of fun. Never take me serious, really.

Sean (almost done) McHenry

Owen Bickford September 12th, 2005 01:59 PM

yeah, it's always hard to tell on these forums. besides, there's nothing better to do than to communicate with people who think with similar brain waves. otherwise, i'd be talking to some local bozo about farming or something. hmmm... i wonder how many farming forums there are on the web.

owen (about-to-start-taping) bickford