New DVC? - Page 3 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > The Archives > The DV Challenge
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

The DV Challenge
An organized theme-based competition where Content is King!

Old July 2nd, 2012, 04:33 AM   #31
Regular Crew

Re: New DVC?

There's a Facebook page? Who knew. Seems to be a bit more info there than here. FWIW, this was posted there yesterday:

"Looks like it's going to be another week or so before the sign-up begins. We're sprucing things up a bit in order to advertise the heck out of this one.

Yeah...it's that big.

Be patient! It'll be worth the wait!"
Marc Burleigh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 2nd, 2012, 08:57 AM   #32
Wrangler

Ah...so someone IS watching Facebook! :) Thanks, Marc, I was getting ready to post pretty much that same thing here.

'Tis true; hoping that new opportunities and locations will be available when the challenge does start--looking like early August but I'm waiting for confirmation on the exact dates. As the Facebook comment said, be patient--it'll be worth the wait...especially for the winner!

By the way, Twitter folks can also find The DV Challenge there. We need to bring in more competition for you guys, so help us bring new members to DV Info Net and get them in on the fun and free DV Challenge!!
Old July 2nd, 2012, 12:10 PM   #33
Trustee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lorinda Norton View Post
when the challenge does start--looking like early August but I'm waiting for confirmation on the exact dates.
Something around that time might be really good timing for me.....hoping anyway. I'm really itching to get back on the horse, so to speak. I've been almost completely inactive on this site for a very long time, (protracted family health crisis took precedence), and I haven't been involved in a DVC project in many years. But I'm bustin' my butt to get ahead of life a little bit during July so I can re-aquaint myself with the DVi family I love so much and get back to doing something I find fun and exciting.
Old July 6th, 2012, 09:54 PM   #34
Wrangler

Hey Jon! It's been forever. Hoping you can squeeze in this round.

Okay, everyone, there's a sign up coming very soon--possibly tomorrow! While you wait, and during the sign-up period, if any of you who have submitted a film in any challenge want to help us spruce up the Web site and Facebook, we'd appreciate it! We're looking for stills and/or very short clips from any film you want to include. Doesn't matter how old; as a matter of fact, I would love to remember entries from the first DV Challenge!

So dig into your archives and mail us clips to thedvchallenge@gmail.com. Be sure and include your name, the title of the film, and which DVC. Thank you!!!
Old July 6th, 2012, 11:01 PM   #35
Inner Circle

So I can give links to Vimeo and or Youtube for most of films.. are you just looking for clips and stills or will links help too ?
Old July 7th, 2012, 12:46 AM   #36
Wrangler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Barcellos View Post
...will links help too ?
Why not? That's the easy part and we may find a place for them. Thanks! :)
Old July 7th, 2012, 01:10 PM   #37
Major Player

Is there going to be a theme or something?
Old July 7th, 2012, 02:07 PM   #38
Major Player

There's usually a theme.
Old July 7th, 2012, 06:39 PM   #39
Wrangler

Sign up will be posted on MONDAY. Still hammering out a thing or two but, as I said earlier, it'll be worth the wait!

A sneak peek at the timeframe: We are running this one throughout the month of August. So write it down and plan to make a prize-winning short film that'll knock our socks off!!!
Old July 8th, 2012, 04:58 PM   #40
Major Player

If we get a month long contest, how about taking on a longer short film. Say 10 minutes instead of 3 or 5?
Dick Mays is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 9th, 2012, 06:19 PM   #41
Wrangler

I'll discuss your idea with the boss, Dick.

Hey everyone, sorry it is taking me so long to get the sign-up thread posted. A storm took out my 'Net so I'm sitting in my car in town. Posting right away, I hope!

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > The Archives > The DV Challenge