DVC3 Speed Camera Kills - Feedback - Page 2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > The Archives > The DV Challenge
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

The DV Challenge
An organized theme-based competition where Content is King!

Old September 21st, 2005, 01:04 AM   #16
Regular Crew

Most 3D models can be imported into most 3D packages as the structure is basically the same. I import from 3DS max in poser and vice-a-versa quite a lot.

The gremlin is my mother in law but the wife wont let me pass her on. You can get a copy of her from this link.

http://www.daz3d.com/shop.php?op=itemdetails&item=268

Most models I use are from this company called DAZ. The skeleton was from them as well. Models are quite cheap and you can use them for what ever purpose. The gremlin is $14.99 but I`m sure I got it cheap in a sale. If you use them a lot you can join up and get loads of discount.

Another great place I use a lot is

http://www.renderosity.com/index.ez?...key=1127285869

This place also has thousands of free models for all sorts of programs, as well as stuff you can pay for.

Sean, I had about 6 ideas of what to shoot, the advantage I had over you was, I was the only one making the film so their was no one around to turn my ideas down :-)
Old September 21st, 2005, 08:15 AM   #17
Trustee

The other Sean here:
So I haven't used Poser since v 3.x and stopped playing with 3dS back around 4.x. Let me ask you this, if you import a character like the Gremlin or the Skeleton into Poser, are they automatically "boned" and ready to animate?

Just wondering. I knoe there is a standard arms out at 90 pose most models are built at but if the bones need some unusual length, how does Poser handle that?

Sean McHenry

http://www.DeepBlueEdit.com
Sean McHenry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 21st, 2005, 10:36 AM   #18
Regular Crew

I`m not 100% sure to be honest. The gremlin and skeleton are becuase they are made for poser. Some "non poser" models import in and have all the joints linked together and some unlinked. Poser files comes with various dials so you can adjust various aspects of the model, imported files do not have these as they are not existent in other programs. You can make them, but I`ve not delved that far into animation and modelling yet.
Old September 22nd, 2005, 12:50 AM   #19
Trustee

Cool

Hi Andy,
This one also reminded me a bit of "Mars Attacks" - admittedly one of my guilty pleasures - this was very enjoyable. The music was especially top notch and worked perfectly for the piece. Good job.
-Jon

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > The Archives > The DV Challenge