DVC3 "Snap" - Feedback - Page 2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > The Archives > The DV Challenge
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

The DV Challenge
An organized theme-based competition where Content is King!

Old September 22nd, 2005, 06:37 PM   #16
Major Player

Oh, I reread your post, and see you shot it in a day! Great work!
Dick Mays is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 22nd, 2005, 09:01 PM   #17
Regular Crew

Sean - The professor totally reminded my of the same thing. That is why we got him. He is actually a producer from across the street. Produced a lot of shows and movies but never been in one. He freaked out and said he would never act again. Little does he know that DVC4 is coming up. Mwahahaha. What you need as a wallpaper is in the dailies. Those are locked away. And I like oatmeal raisin or chocolate chip thank you.

Dick - We actually shot from 11 in the morning to 9 at night. Couldn't get into the warehouse until after 5 and with dinner an all we didn't shoot the final scene until 7:30. I like your title for DVC4. I was blown away by all of the girls that called wanting to be in the short. When I described "School Girl Outfit" and "Matrix Girl" I was shocked at what was brought. We nixed the leather pants and diamond studed bustier for the final shootout due to overkill. I guess there is always the next one.
Sean Buck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 23rd, 2005, 12:28 AM   #18
Major Player

Fantastic work. It was fun to watch. Great job in a kick ass short.
Richard Zlamany is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 23rd, 2005, 01:02 AM   #19
Trustee

Awesome

Hey Sean,
Very cool. Okay, so maybe it's not the 'most' polished out there, but absolutley remarkable for 1 day of shooting, especially for so many locations and different scenes. I loved every frame and your opening was extremely clever. I would love to shoot video with you, but it just looks like too much fun for my wife to let me. I loved every DVC submission I have seen so far, many clever, some exciting, some sad, some deep, but yours my friend has been the most fun. Great job and I am looking forward to more from you.
-Jon
Old September 23rd, 2005, 01:06 AM   #20
New Boot

Hey Sean where can I view too?
Stephen
Stephen DesBrisay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 23rd, 2005, 12:47 PM   #21
Regular Crew

Jonathan - You can come down and shoot with us anytime. If it makes your wife feel any better mine was right out of camera view to make sure things didn't get out of control. I found it keeps me out of the dog house by keeping her involved. Hahaha. The opening was the most fun to shoot. I wanted to do more with the hydraulics on the lowrider but I thought it would be too distracting. Need to have a "Gangster" theme for DVC5. Thanks for the kind words and I am glad you enjoyed. Making people laugh is what I love to do best.

Stephen - Are you having trouble downloading? If so let me know and I can make other arrangements for you to view it.
Old September 23rd, 2005, 03:35 PM   #22
Major Player

Sean:

I'm a day behind watching the movies but was glad I watched it this morning to start off my day! It was well done, funny, and very complex. I kept watching the clock wondering how you could possibly pack in all those scenes in under 4 minutes AND do so without sacrificing quality.

I think we were all prepared for guns and cellphones but using cellphones as guns was a nice twist. Your short is in my top 5. Great Job!.
Old September 23rd, 2005, 06:22 PM   #23
Regular Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff Sayre
Sean:

I'm a day behind watching the movies but was glad I watched it this morning to start off my day! It was well done, funny, and very complex. I kept watching the clock wondering how you could possibly pack in all those scenes in under 4 minutes AND do so without sacrificing quality.

I think we were all prepared for guns and cellphones but using cellphones as guns was a nice twist. Your short is in my top 5. Great Job!.
Thank you Jeff for the kind words. We were run and gun all day long from location to location. Getting the total time down was not easy, but one of my first jobs was cutting movies down for T.V. You learn a lot of time saving tricks doing that.

As for the cell phone gun thing, it simply came about from one of our team members. He suggested a camera phone shootout and we wrote the short around that. We knew that there would be some serious entries and four of the shorts were similiar to our early concepts.

We had fun and tried to entertain as that was our main two goals. Glad you liked.
Old September 23rd, 2005, 10:04 PM   #24
Trustee

Sean,

I can't tell you enough how I would have liked to belong to your team for this film!!! You were to have an enormous pleasure to do it. It was really funny, a great idea, well executed. And the action scene was awesome! :)

Definitly in my top 5.

P.s: The chicks were good too :)
Old September 23rd, 2005, 10:54 PM   #25
New Boot

Thanks Sean, I’m new to this site and can’t find the link. I shouldn’t have trouble downloading, I have broadband.
Stephen
Stephen DesBrisay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 23rd, 2005, 11:14 PM   #26
New Boot

Nevermind I found it! Awsome. I'm going back to see it again.
Stephen DesBrisay is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > The Archives > The DV Challenge