Just received part of my INSANELY HUGE prize package! at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > The Archives > The DV Challenge
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

The DV Challenge
An organized theme-based competition where Content is King!

Old October 17th, 2005, 04:44 PM   #1
Trustee

Just received part of my INSANELY HUGE prize package!

I just received the optura 50 and the beachtek adapter from Guy at DVestore! I am SO happy!!! Ironically, my ZR60, which I use as a DV deck, stoped working today. Well, this optura will be a HUGE improvement. I have heard good things about the picture quality and color rendition of the optura line. Most likely this camera will see more use than the ZR60.

Thank you very much Guy and DVestore for this much appreciated prize! I though I would receive the certificate before anything else, since Dylan and I both lives in Canada... but Dylan must be busy trying to finish his DVC3 submission :)
Old October 17th, 2005, 05:41 PM   #2
Inner Circle

Congratulations Jean-Philippe! Enjoy enjoy enjoy! Best of luck in the next challenge too!

Mike
Old October 17th, 2005, 08:54 PM   #3
Wrangler

That's wonderful, Jean-Philippe!!! I'm with Mike in hoping you have lots of fun with your well-deserved prizes, and best wishes on DVC4. Nice stuff!!!!
Old October 18th, 2005, 12:41 AM   #4
DVCreators.Net

You're quite welcome Jean-Philippe and congratulations! I'm glad to hear that your package cleared customs so quickly. However, I can't take all the credit for the prize, BeachTek kicked in for the camera too. Thank Harry at BeachTek, he's awesome! You can actually watch the camera in a new steaming Flash movie on the BeachTek site http://beachtek.com/dxa2s.html#Movie

DVeStore is proud to support the DV Challenge, and extremely proud of everyone who submitted an entry. It was tough judging with all of the excellent entries. As some of the other judges have said, we watched many of the entries 2-5 times. It was so close on the technical, we actually chose to give Tyler Baptist a DVcreators.net DV Enlightenment DVD for his excellent piece and big congratulations for earning 2nd after Bradley Marlow. Not bad for a 19 year old kid. Keep up the good work everyone. We'll see you on the next one....
Old October 18th, 2005, 01:48 PM   #5
Regular Crew

Thanks, Guy!!!

I was wondering what exactly they were sending me, as Dylan never told me. He said it was a surprise, and that it was. So hopefully it arrives soon, and I'm really excited to check it out and learn how to properly light scenes! Yay!

Thanks again to the sponsors and Dylan, it wasn't expected, but thanks for the opportunity.

Tyler Baptist
Tyler Baptist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 19th, 2005, 12:03 PM   #6
Wrangler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jean-Philippe Archibald
I though I would receive the certificate before anything else, since Dylan and I both lives in Canada...
And you know what else is funny? It cost more to ship your shirt and certificate INSIDE CANADA, than any of the others I shipped, including air mail to German and The Netherlands!
Yours was one of the second batch to go out though, just because I ran out of shirts. Can't see it not being there by Friday.
Old October 19th, 2005, 12:07 PM   #7
Trustee

CanadaPost have a really strange way determining the cost of shipping!
Old October 19th, 2005, 12:58 PM   #8
Major Player

Hey, don't knock it, the gov't has to fund health care SOMEhow!
Bill Porter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 24th, 2005, 05:25 PM   #9
Regular Crew

Got the DVD in the mail today. Thanks Guy Cochran and DVcreators.net!

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > The Archives > The DV Challenge